Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its done!
I was not able to get all of the pictures that I wanted,being alone to do this, and its pretty cold up here and snowing too.But I did install an insert (HeliCoil) on the oil filter housing.Not much room to drill from above so I had to go under the car and drill the hole to remove the old threading.I was lucky enough that I didn't have to buy a new HeliCoil kit since it was the same size and diameter as the one I did on my transmission oil pan last summer. benzguy :thumbsup: In any case its a done deal,of course RED locktite was applied.Took less then an hour to complete the job but I had to wait about two hours before starting the engine,only to let the locktite set.
benzguy
Cheers!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Looks like a clean repair.:thumbsup:

Here's hoping you have no more problems. Did you enjoy doing that in the snow?:D

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like a clean repair.:thumbsup:

Here's hoping you have no more problems. Did you enjoy doing that in the snow?:D
LOL...Thanks pall.:cool:
Dang it was F#@#^% freezing out there!:mad:

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
It looks very good! What's the temperature over there?

OT: do you have any canon lenses? :D

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
It looks very good! What's the temperature over there?

OT: do you have any canon lenses? :D
Thank you..
Its -3C or 26.6F
Way too cold to work bare hands...:crybaby2:

No I'm sorry I don't have any Canon lenses..Only Nikon.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
I changed out a broken steering damper when it was snowing and about 10 degrees out the other day. I feel your pain.

Thanks for the photos, good post and info just in case.

Canon man myself. I have a GL1, an old Super 8, a film SLR, and a regular digital....hoping Santa brings me a D-SLR.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I changed out a broken steering damper when it was snowing and about 10 degrees out the other day. I feel your pain.

Thanks for the photos, good post and info just in case.

Canon man myself. I have a GL1, an old Super 8, a film SLR, and a regular digital....hoping Santa brings me a D-SLR.
Thank you so much my friend!
I have been a Nikon guy for over 45 years...And I'm proud to say I have a Nikon 35mm for every year they produced one....All the way to the F6.I cant count higher but also have over 100 Nikon lenses too,from the 8mm fish eye to the 600mm AF F4.Its a wild and very big investment,but its my only passion.:bowdown:
Cheers mate:thumbsup:
Big Dan
Vancouver Canada

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I *definitely* feel your pain! Last year, my 300D decided to lose oil pressure. Had it towed home, and proceeded to remove the oil pan, oil pump, and the oil pump drive gear. It was anywhere from 8* to 15*F when I worked on it. Even with my insulated coveralls, it was downright miserable.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I *definitely* feel your pain! Last year, my 300D decided to lose oil pressure. Had it towed home, and proceeded to remove the oil pan, oil pump, and the oil pump drive gear. It was anywhere from 8* to 15*F when I worked on it. Even with my insulated coveralls, it was downright miserable.
Thanks Darren
But it was much colder for you!:eek:
If it was me I would have waited t'ill summer time to do anything at all...lol:D

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Thanks Darren
But it was much colder for you!:eek:
If it was me I would have waited t'ill summer time to do anything at all...lol:D
Well, it's kind of annoying having a disabled car in the driveway, accumulating snow. I also promised my gf that she could take the car to school in Anchorage for the semester too. So yeah, I was sweating it. The car only needed a new oil pump drive gear...but it got a new oil pump and oil pan gasket in the process too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts