Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that some taxis in Europe use MB and BMW. Granted that they won't be the leather seated burl wood covered flavor.<br> <br> My question is that, in Europe can you as the consumer buy a new MB with cloth seats, crank window handles, no nav., no A/C, etc? I'm talking about bare minimum. How much would that cost?.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
We only see the high end versions in NA for the most part. That's why I have to laugh when I see reviews on the new C230 coupe which fret about MB diluting the value of the brand by offering a low priced C coupe. In addition to the taxis, most of your rental C Class sedans will have manual cloth seats and a standard transmision. I've never checked out the prices at a dealer there.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, Mercedes taxis are very popular in many european countries. Most common are 4 cyl diesels, and they all have leather interior (easier to clean I guess).<br> <br> Not so long ago (late 80´s, maybe early 90´s) you could get a more or less totaly 'naked' Mercedes without for example AC and manual windows. Today its different, the cars come quite well equiped even though some std equipment in US is extra in europe. <br> <br> Last generation E-class you could buy with a 150 hp 4-cyl engine until 1998 or so. New E-class will soon come with 4-cyl compressor (approx 170 hp I think).<br> <br> Old E-class had AC as std equipment but automatic AC cost extra on 4- and 6 cyl models. On new E-class auto AC is std on all models. Leather cost extra. Cloth seats are rarely seen on V8 model, but not uncommon on lower models. <br> <br> 6-speed manual gearbox is std up to E240 (but I don´t think they hardly sell any), auto only option for E320 and upwards. Navi is extra on all models, as well as sunroof and xenon lights. <br> <br> Other popular extras on E-class are memory-seats, park-tronic and GSM phone.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
in Belgium some stars you can still buy without AC, leather etc, just bare minimum cars they start for example for a C 200 at 31000 Euro. for the exact prices go to www.mercedes.be

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
right only you have to take out 21 % for export cause you don't have to pay taxes on the car. so prices start at aboujt 25000 euro's and yes we pay a hell of a lot more than you folks over there and now with our euro gaining on the dollar it gets only more expensive for the dollar-guys

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got to laugh when I hear people complain about

paying 6% sales tax or $1.60/gallon (0,40 euro/L) for gasoline. Or how would you like to pay 15% in income tax.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How would you like to pay...

55% income tax, 25 % sales tax and almost 4 US$ / galon? That´s what you pay in Sweden (and that´s one of the reasons why I moved to Swizerland)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts