Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been offered a set of folding seats from a 2005 C230 for $100. The seats are still in the car and the seller is including any hardware that I need. The upholstery is dusty, but I don’t see any rips or tears. I expect the seats to clean up nicely.

If I buy the seats, my plan would be to remove my rear seat and then swap the folding seats directly into the car. The seller offered to help with tasks like drilling and tapping the holes for bolts if needed.

I currently borrow my wife’s Highlander when I need extra cargo space, so the folding seats would be a convenient feature, but not a necessity. Should I accept the offer?

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
18,703 Posts
Sure! I would. I don't believe they are terribly difficult to install. If you remove your back seat, you will see that it already has many of the parts ready to accept the hinges and latches. I think it's just a bolt-on job.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Need to order a part, but I made progress

I picked up the parts on Saturday. The seller helped me remove the seats in 95-plus degree temperatures. He also tapped the holes in the sides of the rear seat area so that they would accept the bolts that hold the outer pivot brackets. All in all a great seller.

Unfortunately we damaged the Bowden cable attachment on the right-side seat-back release while removing it. I was able to find a replacement on an auction site for $18, so I will only experience a slight delay. As you can see from the photos, I have completed the vast majority of the work. After I install the replacement release mechanism I can button everything up, install the side padding/trim and declare the job done.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
KevinH2000
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing