Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
SLK55 AMG
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, is it me or do the mirrors fold in a pretty crap manner. When folded they only look half folded if you get my drift, they don't seem to fold all the way in.

Anyone else noticed this?

·
Registered
2006 SLK 350
1,614 Posts
Yep. They don't fold as close to the body as some cars I've had. I rarely have occassion to fold them in, so it's no big deal, IMHO. [:)]

·
Registered
2008 SLK55 AMG
837 Posts
The mirrors "fold" in about 30 to 45 degrees at most. I would call it a light "tuck".

·
Registered
06 SLK 350, 03 C320
165 Posts
etyu - 4/13/2006 7:20 PM

The mirrors "fold" in about 30 to 45 degrees at most. I would call it a light "tuck".
I didn't know mirrors on SLK's built for the USA folded at all...

·
Registered
06 SLK 55 Firemist
1,580 Posts
gmabli - 4/13/2006 7:55 PM

I didn't know mirrors on SLK's built for the USA folded at all...
Manually only. Almost all car and trucks have folding mirrors. Just push them backwards.

·
Registered
2006 SLK 350
974 Posts
Mine fold very well (manually). I was not aware of this feature. Someone in this forum told me about it. I never had to fold them really. Here, we have very wide streets and we rarely have to fold our mirrors. I never had to use the single parking light either, for the same reason.

·
Registered
ML500, SLK55 AMG
258 Posts
Spring has arrived, and I was out with my top down earlier today, in the bright sunshine, and the 23C temperature, listening to the roar of the engine, and feeling the wind rush though my hair, when I realized how much this all sucked, and how much better it would all be if only I could get another 10 degrees of fold out of those lousy mirrors.[}:)]

·
Registered
2006 SLK350
1 Posts
2006 SLK 350 Mirrors Fold ?

I asked the dealer if the exterior mirrors fold in and he said no
But the manual says they do

I tried and did not want to push too hard

Is someone out there saying that USA 2006 SLK350 Exterior Mirrors DO FOLD IN ?

Thanks
Jim

·
Registered
2008 SLK55 AMG
837 Posts
jcoxjr said:

Thanks
Jim
Yes, just a firm push towards the body and it will unlatch and fold maybe 20 degrees inward. Not much use for this however. I don't recall the last time I used this feature, except to try it and know that it is there.

They are not POWERED to retact, unlike the Euro models.

·
Registered
2006SLK28
151 Posts
just try it again, i didnt know about the folding either until i tried it just the other nite...

someone mentioned about the single parking light.. wacha mean by that??

·
Registered
2008 SLK55 AMG
837 Posts
Single parking light means only one side of the front and rear parking lamps are lit. On the light control rotary switch, turn counterclockwise from the OFF position, and the small arrows indicate which side of the car the parking lamps are lit.

·
Registered
2006 SLK 350
1,614 Posts
etyu said:
Single parking light means only one side of the front and rear parking lamps are lit. On the light control rotary switch, turn counterclockwise from the OFF position, and the small arrows indicate which side of the car the parking lamps are lit.
According to the manual, the purpose of the single parking light on either side is to warn oncoming drivers of your car if it is parked on the side of the road so it won't get hit. Supposedly, it doesn't draw much juice, so you can leave it on for a long period of time. I don't know how often people use it, but for me, I'd feel a bit anxious leaving it on while I attended a party, dinner, etc. Maybe it's more common in other parts of the world. Now that I think about it, it might be a handy feature if you park in the corner in a dimly lit (aren't they all?) parking garage.

·
Registered
2005 SLK55 AMG
788 Posts
jcoxjr said:

Thanks
Jim
Yes they do. In fact I haven't seen a car in, at least, the last 8 years from any manufacturer that doesn't fold in and usually out also. I'm suprised how many people don't realize it.

Look at cars on truck transports when you pass by, all the mirrors are folded in.

I fold my forward and back (both sides) everytime I wash my car or "wax" it (actually zaino). Always have, on all my cars, over the years.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts