Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1999 ML320,2006 E350
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i have those PIAA foglamps on my grill guard one of them isnt working, the clamp that attaches them to the grill is all rusty and and paint is chipped too so i wanted to remove them for the time being..how would i do that i unscrewed the clamps already but the light itself is connected to my car with a wire, is there anyway it can be seperated? and how would i go about changing the bulb and what kind of bulb does it take?
thank you

edit:: i already removed the clamps, and now i unscrewed the screws on the fog light and now i dont know how to take the bulb out of the plug..someone please help!

·
Registered
'99 ML320, '83 240D
113 Posts
Please tell us what model light and what bulb you are using.

Most fog lamps use H3 halogens, so I will assume your PIAA's use H3. To change an H3 bulb, you need to disconnect the wire first. You will probably be able to pull the connect right out, but some lights might have a screw down terminal. The bulb should pull right out of the socket. When you replace the bulb, be sure that you DO NOT touch the glass on your new bulb or it may explode!

·
Registered
1999 ML320,2006 E350
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they are the H3 12V 55W bulbs, i got those out now..but the wire they were connected to which is comin from the car, do i need to put water proof tape on them? or can i jus let them be

FYI: i took my PIAA 959's out and i disconnected them if u r unsure of the scenario, so all i wanna know now is if i should do something to the wire comin from the car

·
Registered
'99 ML320, '83 240D
113 Posts
You shouldn't leave the wire exposed. You can just use electrical tape if its a short while, but use some heat shrink tubing if you want a professional job.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts