Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my car used to turn on the fog light when i unlocked it with me key/remote. But, know that doesn't happen anymore. They work if i turn them on manually. it was very nice when i came out of the movies or any other place and easily locate my car 'cause of the fog lights would turn on. i have looked on the menu and i haven't find anything, help.

·
Registered
W203 modified
2,033 Posts
HotGQ161 - 3/29/2005 11:00 PM

my car used to turn on the fog light when i unlocked it with me key/remote. But, know that doesn't happen anymore. They work if i turn them on manually. it was very nice when i came out of the movies or any other place and easily locate my car 'cause of the fog lights would turn on. i have looked on the menu and i haven't find anything, help.
Did you disable the locator function inside the instrument cluster and did you make it 0s instead of 30s

Also doesnt work in daylight.

·
Registered
W203 modified
2,033 Posts
HotGQ161 - 3/30/2005 12:43 PM

i just tried that and nothing. i drive a 2001 C320. what could it be?????
If your headlights dont come on by themselves in AUTO mode then it could be the light sensor or the overhead control panel (OCP).

You can reset both by pulling out the power to the OCP (then re-learn the sunroof as it will forget the open-close limits).

·
Registered
W203 modified
2,033 Posts
HotGQ161 - 3/31/2005 12:25 PM

the headlights were never automatic and that wasn't the problem. now were is the OCP at?
Lets rewind ..... that IS the problem if you want to find the solution. If the AUTO headlight function doesnt operate then the locator mode will NEVER operate when you unlock the car.

OCP .... o v e r h e a d control panel. How many control panels do you have above your head ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts