Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Mercedes Benz C300 Sport 4matic
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone had their fog light lens chipped due to a rock on the road?? i was looking at my car today and noticed that there was a chip in the right front fog light. i placed a call to my dealer and asked if it was under warranty and they said that it would only be covered if it was a manufacturing defect which it clearly isn't. the fog light itself will cost approx. $124+tax. not sure how much labor will come out to be.

Does anyone know if it will be worth to change myself or just have the MB dealer do it? If anyone else has gone through this please share your approach to fixing the light

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
sorry forgot to mention that i have changed the stock fogs to HID fogs. will the MB dealer void my warranty if they see i have done this??

·
Registered
11 Posts
remove the bottom shield under the car, and you will have access to the 3 screws from behind the bumper... Also dont forget to remove the front foglight grill.

as long as you have the torx bits, not a big deal

·
Registered
2008 c300
9 Posts
noticed both of mine are cracked in a spiral shape. Not busted through but cracked. Does anyone know where to get a good price on these?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i just ended up going to my MB dealership, bought the light for about $140 and labor came out to be around $108.

·
Registered
'08 C300, Cubanite
140 Posts
When i did the 3M rock guard on my hood, bumper, i also had my mirrors my headlights & fog lights done. glad i did from hearing all of your stories.

·
Registered
8 Posts
When i did the 3M rock guard on my hood, bumper, i also had my mirrors my headlights & fog lights done. glad i did from hearing all of your stories.
Tell me more about this 3M guard on the fog lights. I've heard of stone guard on the front part of the hoods but not on fog lamps. Is it the same stuff?

FYI smashed the right side fog light (hole in it) and cracked the left.

·
Registered
1 Posts
remove the bottom shield under the car, and you will have access to the 3 screws from behind the bumper... Also dont forget to remove the front foglight grill.

as long as you have the torx bits, not a big deal
Is it hard to remove the bottom shield under the car? Do they use the plastic bits that are impossible to remove w/o breaking the plastic screws?

Any other tips on replacing the fog light like any connections, etc. Does it matter that I have the cornering fog lights?

I just bought my C350 sport and already in two weeks, the driver's side fog light is cracked from a rock. sucks. I immediately had a 3M put on my car. Just need to replace my fog light and then 3M it as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts