Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
C320 Coupe
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to replace the fog light bulbs (front) on a C320 Coupe and it looks like a work load compared to replacing the headlight bulbs.
What would be the easiest way to replace these bulbs?

·
'00 ML320 Elegance
8,965 Posts
I'm trying to replace the fog light bulbs (front) on a C320 Coupe and it looks like a work load compared to replacing the headlight bulbs.
What would be the easiest way to replace these bulbs?
I think others have found that partially removing the fender liner clips in the front wheel wells, and then accessing the foglamps from behind is the best way. The other way would be to remove the front bumper, which is obviously more work.

·
Registered
C320 Coupe
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Removing the fender liner would be the one for me.
I don't want to go messin around with ...

Removing the fender liner would be the one for me.
I don't want to go messin around with the bumper.

Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
2002 C230k
1,246 Posts
Here are the instructions for the coupe. Some people say they work for the sedan, too.

On the driver's side, you must replace the bulb from under the car.

1. There is a panel just below the light. There is a seam between that panel and the one under the engine.

2. Remove the screw between these two panels and fish your hand up through the crack (no need to remove the panels).

3. You should feel the back of the bulb and then you twist it 90° then it should pop out. Replace bulb and put back in.

On the passenger side you can:

1. reach down from the top of the car and get it loose

2. from there I found a small hole on the underside of the car right below the fog light.

3. Drop the connector through there take off bulb and replace then, from top of car, reinstall the light

·
Registered
C320 Coupe
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the step by step instruction Lynn!
This is a huge help.

Thanks for the step by step instruction Lynn!
This is a huge help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts