1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
E320 1997 I6
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
E320 97 Rough,Shakes when Parking/Idle

Hello all, :)
I have a problem with my car.I hope I'd get any solution for it .. since it makes me feel bad whenever I drive my car :S

The car shakes a lot and vibrates... this happens when its not moving Idle, parking.. etc.. I went to a technical and he checked it with computer. The cylinder 5 was not working, so we changed the Coil No.2
but i still there is a little vibration...
That also effects the Acceleration of the car...and if i turn it off..and Start the engine again, there will be no Shake/Vibrate until I drive a bit..and park/stop again. :(

Sorry if it is a silly question and for my bad English.
Regards.

·
Premium Member
2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
17,193 Posts
Radio: Look around on the Audio & Telematics forum (Scroll up from this W210 forum on the main page until you see the Technical section). It might have been covered there.

Vibration: This might be your motor mounts. Search here for those because they have been discussed quite a bit.

Welcome to the forum, your English is good and there are NO silly questions about Mercedes!

·
Registered
E320 1997 I6
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks a lot bro, I would like to add that my car never showed me that there is any problems except that brake lights needs to be changed... is that normally? or it should show me that there is a problem in Cylinders or whatever that makes it shakes and so rough ..!
When the Computer Check shows the Cylinder 5 Misfire/Damaged .. so its not working .. should I Change the Coil ( 2 ) or the Wire from Coil 2 to Cylinder 5 ? .. I hope anyone gives me more info about this and every coil connected with which cylinder.

·
Registered
1985 300D - 1997 E320 - 2004 E55 - 2007 ML320
812 Posts
Try cleaning the MAF sensor. I have a rough idle when stopping and idling at lights. It also threw codes for the air pump that was working fine. Cleaned the MAF sensor and the codes and rough idle disappeared.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts