Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Nissan Pathfinder SE
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My ML 320 has 230k miles on it, and it is ready for an oil change. Is what Mercedes recommends what I should still use or should I use a different version for the age of the engine?

Also, I will be replacing the water pump in the next week or two, so is there any cheaper coolant other then the Mercedes stuff that I can use or do I have to go to the dealership for it? Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
'02ML320
806 Posts
You should stick to the recomended weight. Thinner oil will burn and the engine will run noisy. As far as coolant goes, Xerex g05 will do the trick. 230k, impressive!

·
Registered
1997 Nissan Pathfinder SE
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my grandfather bought it new, and i got it after the transfer case went up around 200k. found a transfer case in a junk yard, swapped it, ran perfect ever since until i had the water pump go up. now that im back home from college for the summer i have time to fix it and i need new coolant and will change motor oil and spark plugs.

i would have to say that i think overall this truck runs just as good as our Pilots V6 and better then our new CR-V's 4. I love this truck, but the huge dents it makes when something goes wrong really bends me over.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts