Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with flowmaster mufflers? I had one on my old car volvo c70...I loved the sound, and I think I want to put it on my 02 430...Any warnings? Oh by the way I really want the RB Tech but it is too much $$$$...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Guys.... we are driving a Mercedes, therefore, should we be putting parts on with a name at.........

<br> least related to Mercedes like AMG, BRABUS, LORINSER etc.. Flowmaster is what i put in the 80's on my Mustang. AMG exhaust only cost $640 at autoclass.net with nices dual round tip.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Guys.... we are driving a Mercedes, therefore, should we be putting parts on with a name at....

AMG exhaust is not loud enough...it sounds weak (in my opinion)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
looks like some of us are caught up with names ....

thats excatly what Benzand many other brand names are riding on now .... NAME ..... we get so caught up with the name, we'll take anything they make .<br> <br> I used to have a Range rover and I will tell you that the flow master I had on it was better than any other exhaust offering I could find.<br> sometimes it's not about flash and big names .....<br> I too would love to get a flow master (milder series) for my 320 ...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The american market has too much emphasis...

on image and name alone. Its the sad reality, but when you want something your way, you are forced to go against this unwritten obsession w/ names. The flowmasters make sound which some love and others hate. I just wonder why most people end up w/ an annoying resonance. Other than that I'd say go for it. Different strokes for different folks. Oh yeah, MB and its image is too conservative too, but thats just my opinion.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
true but ..(long post)

by no means am I in love with flow master nor do I think it is even remotely the best muffler outhere..<br> My main point in gettig involved with this was the principleof the comment that we all drice MB and should stick with AMG and all that.<br> If you really do a comparises you'll see that that added quality and price are rarely directly proportianl. But that goes with most everything In most cases, itis rather foolish to not buy something ONLY because of what name it is or isnt. But hey we all like the finner things in life yes ? Why else would we spend money on a car that can be out perfomed and outhandled by cars half its price ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dan..that's true, then go with Eisserman exhaust .. ( i know i mispelled the brand name).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How about some of those mufflers with the Woodpecker on them ? I believe they were called Thush.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Shy...i understood your point but why put a universal type of muffler that you can get at...........

<br> at your muffler shop and put it on the Mercedes. Save those for the Honda. But if NOISE is what you want, then go for it !!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have to agree with Linh........(more)

<br> In my opinion, you take something away from your clk when you put 'generic no name' parts on your clk. Again, this is my opinion. When you own a clk, you have the right to do anything you want to it. :)<br>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What do you guys think when i stuck on that big muffler tip on my Clk exhaust.......................

<br> Look stupid right? That's mi point/.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
OK, so while you guys are on this subject...

What universal muffler that is a little on the quieter side that does not resonate inside the car would you recommend?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts