Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for info for Florida garage storage of my 2011 E350 for 6 months. Do I need a battery "minder", etc. etc. Any tips on a 6 month storage of this vehicle would be appreciated. Purchased from dealer at 17,500 miles in NOV 2014, now with 19000 miles, I have booked a service with oil change before I head north. Will over inflate the tires.

THANK YOU in advance
Gerry1

· Registered
1989 560SL; 2014 E350
1,604 Posts
When storing my 107 in my garage each winter (Nov-April), I put a tender on the battery. Obviously, the summers in Fla are not like the winters in NY, but the tender prevents any worries. Otherwise, I would disconnect the positive.

Additionally, I
-Change the oil and check tires as you mentioned
-Clean the car thoroughly inside and out
-Fill the car with gas and treat the gas with Stab-Bil or similar just before driving it to storage.
-Place dryer sheets strategically throughout the interior, trunk, and engine compartment to help ward off rodent infestation. (some others prefer mothballs, but I don't like the smell and believe dryer sheets work as well)
-For added insurance, I place mouse traps next to each wheel to ward off climbing onto/into vehicle.
-Crack the front windows ever so slightly for ventilation
-Put a car cover or dust cover (eg: sheet) on it

· Registered
2014 E350 4Matic - Palladium Silver, Sport , 18k miles........
810 Posts
In addition to the great suggestions I would plug the exhaust pipes or maybe tape them closed with duct tape because I think I've heard of rodents nesting inside the exhaust system.

· Registered
2010 E550 & 2007 CLK550 Cab
42 Posts
All good suggestions, I store my E in the summer as well...but in Maine, and do everything suggested minus mouse traps. Hopefully someone else can chime, but is your storage climate controlled? If not, is there concern with the high humidity for that length of time?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.