Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1995 S500
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are all of the floormats for the 140 kinda crappy? Mine are the OE M-B carpet mats and they "creep" on their own, flop down and seem very cheap and at times dangerous when the foot rest strip flops down under the brake pedal. Are they all like this or are mine 'unique' and require replacing?

I can't believe they're not sturdier, or have positioning hooks or nibs, or SOMETHING. I'm about to become creative and try self adhesive velcro to keep them positioned correctly. Thanks for any help.

-Bill

·
Registered
1996 S600
18 Posts
I own a 1996 S600 which I believe to have the original carpets (with embroidered MB logo). Same problem. While the carpets have a foam backing designed (originally) to be non-slip, I have permanent creases in the carpets where they slide forward every time. One suggestion I have yet to try is to purchase some "Carpet screws" from a curtain shop or carpet / rug specialty store. These come in clear and I believe a variety of colors, and have a corkscrew like steel screw that will hold one carpet on top another fairly well. If I do it and it works I will repost here.

·
Registered
92 500SEL to 01 E320T current 2014 lexus LS460
3,886 Posts
MB mats come with clips, like the ones you used to have on your mittens. Most of the time the dealer does not install them, I got some from one of the new car prep guys. The bad news is car wash attendants usually jerk them outand then don bother. I did get some great mats for my E series, coco mats, they are tough and have nibs, made marks in the carpet, so I have those over the mats. I can always replace the mats, those nib marks did not want to come out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts