Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1997 E420
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this topic has been discussed before but I can't seem to get the answer I am looking for. The floor mats in my 97 E420 are totally shot and I am looking to get new ones. I know people here are suggesting cheaper aftermarket ones. However I want to keep the classic look in mine, even if it means paying a little more. I checked the EPC but can't seem to find the part number. Does anyone here know the part number for the regular black carpeted ones? Or better yet, can someone explain to me how to find them on the EPC?

Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
2001 E430 220K mi. Obsidian Black metallic, Ash/Orion Grey interior
1,252 Posts
Go to the dealer with your vin number and they'll be able to supply mats that match your interior at a surprisingly reasonable cost.

Fred

·
Premium Member
2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
17,193 Posts
Ditto to Fred. I bought all 4 for about $125.00 a couple of years ago. While you're at it, price the OE all weather mats too, they don't cost that much and are classy looking with the MB logo on both front ones.

·
Registered
'04 G55 '80 280GE '99 S420 '98 E320 2011 E350 2016 GLA250
3,093 Posts
MM,

I'm glad it was you to bring up the concept of the "All-Weather" rubber mats, as I thought I would get laughed at...

For our "NEW" E350 (R.I.P.- She just got PLOWED INTO by some Bozo driver. Thank God, the car sacraficed itself to save my two boys and wife. All the Safety Gizmos did as advertised.), I had the dealer "throw in" a set of the rubber mats, so when we picked the car up in Stuttgart during the snowy season, I wouldn't mess up the carpet.

Thinking I would remove them after the car arrived Stateside, I found we had become quite fond of the things.. A real joy to keep clean (just wash the things when washing the rest of the car, and the fit perfectly (especiall on the new W212's, where there is a special magnetic fastener which locks it onto the floor so they don't move a millimeter.
Even with the nice light "Camel" interior, the things look really nice and spiffy.

Anyway, since you have a black interior, I would strongly recommend them....

G

·
Premium Member
97 E-420 (180K miles), 97 SL500, (93K miles) 2015 GMC Sierra Denali 2500HD CC/SB/4x4 Duramax(55K)
4,260 Posts
My E-420 mats were pretty much worn out also. For the carpeted mats,I found that GG Bailey makes mats that appear identical to factory mats in every construction detail, and you can add lettering, custom binding etc. to them to customise them. I have a set and am extremely satsified with them and doubt anyone could tell they aren't from Mercedes. (except for the gg bailey label on the backside)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts