Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2001 CLK430, Silver
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I may earn a dope slap for this inquiry, but I guess I can't see the obvious.

My drivers floor mat keeps moving up while driving, could be dangerous around the accelerator, etc. There are "hooks" on the floor that look like they would retain the mat, but nothing on the mat itself. What am I missing? I have other cars that use Velcro, another that has grommets in the mat and posts in the floor, but this looks like something is missing!

·
Registered
2002 CLK430
4 Posts
That clip looks like something aftermarket??? mine do the same thing, but I do not have a clip like that, I am going to try putting some velcro on the bottom of mine, I have been meaning to for a while but havent driven my benz for a few days and it slipped my mind. The OEM floormats had like a tacky surface on the bottom but it wears away and comes loose after time

·
Registered
Hopes & Dreams
1,417 Posts
Mine does the same and it's so damn annoying. You should see what the driver side mat looks like in my car, the shit looks ravaged. Like a hooker's vagina. :wtf:

·
Registered
2014 CLS550 4Matic
350 Posts
My passenger side is the one doing it on mine.
Beware: I did the velcro thing: The double sided tape simply ripped off the backing from the mat. Still slid around, but the velcro still held strong. :eek: to itself...

·
Registered
01 CLK430
65 Posts
I have the same problem. And I agree it is annoing.
To me “Hooks” on the picture looks aftermarket. I don’t have anything like that in my car. I stopped in couple auto stores and they don’t have anything that would keep floor mats in place. I was thinking about Velcro as well, but after the last post I am not sure that I will use it. Would be nice to know if anyone has any solution to this problem.

·
Registered
R230 SL350 Presnt, Past - W208 CLK230K 2000, W203 C Class, W202 C Class, W210 E Class, W201 190E
1,459 Posts
I have the same problem. And I agree it is annoing.
To me “Hooks” on the picture looks aftermarket. I don’t have anything like that in my car. I stopped in couple auto stores and they don’t have anything that would keep floor mats in place. I was thinking about Velcro as well, but after the last post I am not sure that I will use it. Would be nice to know if anyone has any solution to this problem.
Dont you just hate having to keep pulling the mat back to its right position all the time !!

My solution is dead simple!
Just use a screwdriver to punch a hole in the corner of the mat, then using a Tie-wrap push it through and attached it to the metal seat guide, you'll find theres a convenient little hole to use. when you bring the seat back to its normal driving position you dont see the tie wrap. I only did this on one corner and the mat never moves a bit now !

Attachments

·
Registered
98 CLK 320
86 Posts
I just recently purchased floor mats from the dealer and mine came with some metal hooks like the picture above but it had a clamp attached to it that clamped the mat down in place. Im sure you can get the little clips from the dealership. Or just zip tie them... up to you.

·
Registered
Hopes & Dreams
1,417 Posts
OG, what do the clamps hold onto? can you take pics?

A1, that is a great idea that made me think 'why didn't I think of that?' I might just have to do that.

·
Registered
2000 CLK430 Cab silver/black/ash
15 Posts
The clips look like cheap suspender clamps that hook to a sharp pin that is achored in the carpet under the seat. A safety pin and a pair of kid's supenders woud work well.

·
Registered
clk 320
57 Posts
I got them w/the purchase of new mats also. Looks like a bent safety pin you stick in the carpet with some cheap clamp. Not up to Benz quality if you ask me.

·
Registered
2001 CLK430, Silver
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The clips look like cheap suspender clamps that hook to a sharp pin that is achored in the carpet under the seat. A safety pin and a pair of kid's supenders woud work well.
Well that explains it for me! Thank you!

I am missing what is described as the "suspender type clamp", that attaches to the mat. I do have the four sharp pins that are stuck in the carpet with an attachment loop on them.

I may just go for the tie wrap, but that means re-doing them each time I pull out the maps for cleaning.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts