Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
ML430, LPG conversion, media center touch screen & headrest screens
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My drivers side carpet gets wet...very wet! bearing in mind i am right hand drive....ive done the hose pipe test and got it down to where the water exits off the windscreen (windshield)above the wing and under the bonnet (hood) near the hood strut. going by the other side the water just escapes to the floor by running inside the wing, when i shine a torch (flashlight) inside the car with the fuse box/relay cover off i can see the water trickling down and off a earth/negative bolt and onto the floor.
now something must of come adrift or perished behind the wing, i need to sort this as soon as poss because i dont want the fusebox to get wet, it trickles in pretty fast and would estimate it being inline with the indicator lens on the side of the wing.
Question: how do i remove this lens and what would i gain or see? if i remove the wheel and then the plastic cover off what will i see or do i need to bite the bullet and brave the good old english weather and remove the entire wing?

all thoughts would be welcomed and i hope my anglo american translations are good! do you call it a wing??

·
Registered
2007 ML 500, 2008 ML 550, 2011 ML 63 AMG
363 Posts
"Wing = fender" west of the Atlantic Ocean.

Mine did the same thing a few times, then stopped just as mysteriously as it started, no clue what the cause was.

·
Registered
W163/W115
357 Posts
Check to make sure the a/c drain hose is not clogged nor un-attached. Mine was clogged with unknown and flooded floor big time (summer time with a/c on). Clean the rubber hose and worked fine.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a problem of windows steaming up if raining. I do not have a sunroof but the carpet does feel damp. Where are the a/c drain tubes so I too may clean them?

·
Registered
W163/W115
357 Posts
Look underneath the glove compartment. You'll see a black rubber hose going through the firewall. You can detach it from the drain pan (don't yank it out of the firewall).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts