Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
from around 80 mph on up there is a sensation that the car is light and floating. A friend who drives at road atlanta and sells ferraris drove it and thought the same, but the chief tech at the dealer took it to 100 mph and thought that it was just right. Does anyone else have that feeling? Are there amg or factory modifications that exist for this.? Does one adjust springs, shocks, or what?<br>
I had a 93 500e and it felt more solid at those speeds.<p>cx343901-b.mcity1.la.home.com

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Hmm

I'm not so happy about it either. Basically, the car feels really planted when I have four other people in it. Then it feels like the 500e.Sort of like riding in a train.<p>cx343901-b.mcity1.la.home.com

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: First thumping (see post below) and now floating? Whats going on with your E55??

I know, I know. I really don't like to bitch especially when no one at the dealer has much to offer other than say the 18 inch tires make noise.I'm in new orleans and if anyone is coming through I'd love to have some one else drive the car. My wife's a musician and she hears what I hear, but even better, even when I want to forget the sound. It's sort of like when you get a flat tire, almost exactly that really and you hear the thumpthump thump.Maybe I'll try changing the left front tire. as you know the spare wheel and tire fits only that side.<p>cx343901-b.mcity1.la.home.com

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry to hear about your recurring problem ...

<br> ... my first thought is that you likely have a problem with one or more tire. <br> <br> <<< the spare wheel and tire only fits [the left] side >>> ????<br> <br> Did I really miss something that important in the owners manual!? <p>fl-del1c-102.pbc.adelphia.net

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Sorry to hear about your recurring problem ...

what i was told at the dealer was that since the tires are unidirectional and since the front and rear are different sizes, the spare can only really go on the left front. I'm sure it can be used in an emergency on any wheel but it would have to be changed<p>cx343901-b.mcity1.la.home.com

1 - 9 of 9 Posts