Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2003 S600
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I've had the S600 for about a month now and have put 2K on the odometer. She's been nothing but amazing so far...except for the fuel consumption, however, this was an expected "side affect." The only issue that I have really come to notice is that the instrument cluster clearly flickers when on at night. Its even noticeable to passengers in the back seat. I know there was a recall a few years back...was this that recall? What should I do? Its really noticeable and quite annoying! Thanks for the help! Be well!

-Michael

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
2013 S550
10,978 Posts
Please see the W220 S-Class Encyclopedia sticky at the top of the W220 forum page for info on this. It is no longer a recall, but an extended warranty for 10 years from date of initial service of the car (the date it was either sold or leased, or put into service as a demonstrator). Don't delay - or it could cost you around $2,000. And don't let your dealer tell you it's not on the recall list (by VIN). The recall was superseded by the extended warranty, which applies to all cars in the year groups.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts