Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1985 300D - 1997 E320 - 2004 E55 - 2007 ML320
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on replacing both flex disc's on my 97 E320 this weekend. I've read the stickies and researched it a bit. The rear one doesn't look that hard to get to but the front one looks like the exhuast pipes and other things are in the way. Has anyone attempted one on a 97 or 98 W210 and has any tips ?

Thanks in advance

·
Banned
1999 E300 TD
2,045 Posts
I plan on replacing both flex disc's on my 97 E320 this weekend. I've read the stickies and researched it a bit. The rear one doesn't look that hard to get to but the front one looks like the exhuast pipes and other things are in the way. Has anyone attempted one on a 97 or 98 W210 and has any tips ?

Thanks in advance
A point of caution, before you remove the disc's look closely at the vibration damper.

There are two versions, version one the arrow is located to the right of the three arm drive shaft flange, but pointing left. Version two the arrow is on the left side and points towards the drive shaft flange.

Which ever one you have make sure they go back the same way.

All the self locking nuts should not be reused.

Good luck!!

·
Banned
1999 E300 TD
2,045 Posts
Where did you get them ? Any place other then the stealership ?
I get all MB parts at Stateline MB in NC(free freight over fifty bucks)-----give a call 800-849 2765.

Also MB has a kit, part number, that includes all the hardware----go to EPC, it will all be apparent.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts