Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:|
I need to replace the flex discs on my MY2000, E320.
Looks like I ordered a set a while back but did not get around to installing them.
The ones I have are Dorman brand.
Having read a number of postings, I am concerned about the quality of these discs.

Should I replace with the Dorman or throw these away and order new ones ?
If I should use new manufacturer then which one would people recommend ?

I have seen the Febi and Lemfoerder ones as being considered OEM ?

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
I just replaced some flex discs with Meyle - one of the brands I trust. Lemforder is probably the best.

Never URO or Doorman.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The OEM ones do not always show the manufacturer. Autohausaz does not seem to stock them for the E320.
What would be a good place to buy Lemforder parts please ?

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Kajtek1.

I am usually not very fussy about brand names, but I read many horror stories about failed parts and due to its location, I want to only do this once. Car is running fine, but has done nearly 150K miles on the original discs.
I have the Dormans on hand, but based on some of the postings, looks like I should not use those.
There are parts described as OEM, but do not mention their manufacturer. I think the ones at Autohausaz are Febi (?).

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion, I will give them a call.

·
Registered
35,655 Posts
Thanks Kajtek1.

I am usually not very fussy about brand names, but I read many horror stories about failed parts and due to its location, I want to only do this once. Car is running fine, but has done nearly 150K miles on the original discs.
I have the Dormans on hand, but based on some of the postings, looks like I should not use those.
There are parts described as OEM, but do not mention their manufacturer. I think the ones at Autohausaz are Febi (?).

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion, I will give them a call.
Dorman is a supplier who gets parts from different sources.
Some of those parts are good, some bad. Lifetime warranty on them helps, but only if the failing part will not destroy the car and is easy to replace.
I put Dorman glow plug harness on my Ford diesel as that was only option available locally and it work good, but Dorman oil cooler had gaskets that dissolve with oil and cost owners big bill for labour cost alone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
4 Participants
Kajtek1
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing