Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1986 190D 2.5 and 1999 C240T Elegance
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I've recently bought a 1999 c240 wagon and I'm surprised how particular the needs of this car are and the complexity compared to an m103 or m104!

Anyways, im trying to get my head around assyst. I've always changed my previous car oil at 10000km, and I've never really had a fuss so I don't plan to follow assyst.

I've read that this engine must use fully synthetic oil which is fine. However here in Australia, finding a fleece oil filter is a headache. When i ask
Auto shops they look at me weird.

Question is, could you use the cellulose filters when combined with shorter intervals? Or must fleece filters be used regardless?

·
Registered
1997 E320, 1997 S320
2,946 Posts
if you are doing shorter intervals than you can go 2 oil changes without changing the filter. you can use paper filters in m112 if you want, mb sells both paper and filter for that engine. fleece filter is for extended use like 20k km with synthetic oil, but if you are doing 10k km intervals with dino oil than use paper filter. you can use either dino or synthetic, but if you are following mb interval of 20k km (or whatever is in australia) than you should use synthetic.

·
Registered
2010 C200 CGI /W203/SLK230/W202/230E/280SE
3,301 Posts
You can get them online if you search - I got sick of paying $24 for a Mann cellulose filter for my W203 when I can get them for $9 online - (some etailers do not ship to Aust tho)

The big thing with the fleece filters is that they filter better - from memory, about 4 times finer (in microns) so worth getting regardless of oil change interval

I would kill to get a fleece filter for my 4 cyl M271 - can't believe they haven't got around to making them for the M111 or M271 - there's enough of them around!!

This guy might be able to help - 4 filters for $40 + shipping - don't know if this one is for your model but he has a lot of filters

Oberoi

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts