Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, have just brought my 600SEL out of storage after 4 months and have discovered an electrical problem which wasnt there the last time the car was used. The problem is all 6 of the indicator (flashers) lights are on all of the time (not flashing) and will only go off if fuse 17 in the engine compartment fuse box is pulled (this also has an effect on the instrument guages not working when fuse pulled). I think it may be a bad multi purpose relay and know its located under the fuse box frame but does anyone know how to remove this part? It has some sort of sliding connector which I just cant disconnect.
Any help welcome, TIA.

Terence

·
Registered
26 Posts
The N10 relay is a multi-function relay controls flashers end other 2 functions it's located in fusebox (behind fuses where are relays) search image google - "w140 N10 relay" you'll find how it's look like and where is located and how to fix it!

·
Registered
S600L, 500CL, 560SL
110 Posts
Hi everyone, have just brought my 600SEL out of storage after 4 months and have discovered an electrical problem which wasnt there the last time the car was used. The problem is all 6 of the indicator (flashers) lights are on all of the time (not flashing) and will only go off if fuse 17 in the engine compartment fuse box is pulled (this also has an effect on the instrument guages not working when fuse pulled). I think it may be a bad multi purpose relay and know its located under the fuse box frame but does anyone know how to remove this part? It has some sort of sliding connector which I just cant disconnect.
Any help welcome, TIA.

Terence
Hope you got it out. If not push on the end tab, it will slide and lift the connector apart. If too tight you can spray some lube to loosen it up or wiggle it loose before pushing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts