Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new performance flagship of the Mercedes-Benz C-Class lineup – the C63 AMG – begins arriving at Canadian dealers this month.
It is powered by a 6.2 L AMG V8 engine that produces 451 hp and 443 lb.-ft. of torque, which makes it one of the most powerful naturally aspirated production V8s ever. Designed exclusively by AMG, the engine shares no parts with other Mercedes-Benz V8 engines.
Every new AMG engine is hand-assembled one at a time by expert technicians at Mercedes-AMG in Affalterbach, Germany, and is bench tested to ensure maximum performance. That "one man-one engine" philosophy means that a single technician – identified by a signature plate affixed to the engine – is responsible for its complete assembly from start to finish.

For more info: Prius sales top one million mark

·
Premium Member
2013 C250
7,273 Posts
Our local dealer still doesn't have one yet, I was just there yesterday at lunch time.

·
Registered
2008 C63 AMG/ 2003 S4304M/ 2006 R3504M
2 Posts
Actually I just took delivery of the first one on Monday June 9.......quite the story...

It was a sweet drive from Toronto back to the maritimes.......

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually I just took delivery of the first one on Monday June 9.......quite the story...

It was a sweet drive from Toronto back to the maritimes.......
Congrats for your new ride ! :) Tell us more stories and possibly pics too :)

·
Registered
2008 C63 AMG/ 2003 S4304M/ 2006 R3504M
2 Posts
It's a long story but basically....the Halifax dealer said there would be no C63s in Atlantic Canada until 2010, so I emailed Thornhill Mercedes in Toronto and they had just unwrapped the first one, but could not locate the buyer who had ordered it a year earlier...so I sent my VISA number and after a 4 day wait.. was told I owned the car... I picked it up on my way back to New Brunswick from California....

That's the good part of the story...

When I picked it up it was like they never heard of me, the sales service was noteworthy, but the ride back to the maritimes made those bad memories fade. Unfortunately I still have a bone to pick with that particular dealer, and I may open a new thread about it..or maybe even 'bring the rain" from a legal perspective........

I will post pix when I have the chance..

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
...When I picked it up it was like they never heard of me, the sales service was noteworthy, but the ride back to the maritimes made those bad memories fade. Unfortunately I still have a bone to pick with that particular dealer, and I may open a new thread about it..or maybe even 'bring the rain" from a legal perspective........

I will post pix when I have the chance..
I would start a thread if I were you; I guess it's common to MBz dealerships in the Greater Toronto area. For our C, waited for almost 6 months and when it finally came for delivery, there were also issues with the dealer... :mad: just like you, almost forgot the issues when we started to drive the C.

Still waiting for your pics...:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts