Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2002 SL500 Silver on Black
60 Posts
If anyone likes to do their own auto work but doesn't have a jack, or you need true lift access, check out these guys

DitY Auto Repair

For $20/hr I was able to use a full two-post lift, all of their tools and disposal equipment, and they even let me use their air tools for no extra charge. They had a mechanic on hand who was very friendly and said "Ask me as many questions as you need" and lent a big hand in many parts of my repairs. Took me 3 hrs to do strut mounts, transmission flush, differential flush and other various work under the car.

Great place.

·
Registered
'14 E350, '03 H-D FXDL
157 Posts
I've heard a lot of good things about Ron's European Auto Service on Tropical Trail, does anyone have any experience with them, or another recommendation.
They did my pre-purchase inspection and pointed out regular maint. issues for a fair price. But now it's time to get the work done and I want to weigh options.
Aux battery replacement $200.00, 60K Trans service $375, and filters $70.00 sounds reasonable. They've got a good rep, but are they the only show in town?
I've had Ron's service two of my Benz's and all was fine. Ron's does not offer the ethereal expericence of plasma TV and cappuccino, but the price was about 55% less than the dealer. They will not install any customer-provided parts. Ron's has just moved to SR520 on Merritt Island, across from the big Walmart; John Bell runs the shop: (321) 452-9097.

·
Registered
10 c63, 06 s65
292 Posts
So i called in for an oil change on my 300SL (I like doing oil changes at the dealership). I called in to Mercedes Benz of South Orlando (near millenia) and they quoted me $160!!!! for a conventional oil change!! and $189 for synth! I called up MB of Maitland and they quoted me a more sensible $89 for conv and $120 for synth.

As far as Indys go, I prefer going to Nort Northams in Winter Park. Honest guys, always get the work done right and their price always seems to be half of what the dealer asks. I always do my own research before taking my car in and the parts arent marked up and the labor charge for the amount of time is right as well. Ive had some leak issues with my 300sl, and we suspected a head gasket and since going there we thought it would be best to get a valve job done (total of 1500) but they determined the head gasket was not the issue it was a leak right near the gasket. They could have done all that for 1500 and i would still be leaking oil and would hav had to bring it in again but instead they fixed the real leaks for a total of 600. highly recommended!

·
Registered
2007 C-230 Sport manual
2 Posts
To those looking for MB shop in Brevard

I need a DIESEL perfectionist! I have alway worked on my own cars, but diesel's are not in my knowledge base :crybaby2: . I live in Cocoa 50 miles east of Orlando in Brevard county. If any one can direct me to a great diesel tech I would :D !!
I'm a relatively new MB owner with limited shop owner experience. I went to the MB dealer in Melbourne (NASA Blvd) for open service campaign on my '07 C230. The place is an immaculate dealership full of amenities and free food, but I had to make a return trip to fix a "spin-off" problem. Both visits were free of actual out-of-pocket cost, but I'm in north Titusville, so it was a haul-about 90 miles round trip. Twice. And i'm not sure everything is fine.

My limited, but positive experience has been with Pete's European in Titusville. I was having intermittent alarm problems and a co-worker recommended. Pete's is a small - 3 bays if memory serves correct - busy shop (open M-F 9:30 -6:30) but owner Pete Weckman is up-front and very knowledgeable. Phone # is 321 567 0306. I don't think there is an actual website, but if you do engine search you should get directed to fb page. As the name implies, shop only operates on European makes.

To date, I haven't had any "real" work done, so I can't vouch for the techs' diesel experience. I've called for advice once and after a diagnostic revealed my electronics were fine, I bought a replacement key fob at a drastically reduced rate. I'd have to imagine his customers are satisfied though; try to get in to see him and he's slammed. A phone call could be worth your while..

J

·
Registered
2005 E320 CDI
97 Posts
FS Tuning European Autowerks in Orlando!!

Hey Folks!

I'm new to the Mercedes community as I've just picked up a 2005 E320 CDI, but the service facility I plan on using is FS Tuning European Autowerks, 615 Commonwealth Ave, Orlando. (407) 730-3092. It's on the South side of Colonial right by the Burger King, east side of the Fashion Square Mall area. Going down Commonwealth (headed south) the shop is on the left immediately past Amateur Electronic Supply (the place with all the antennas).

I'm a member of the European Alliance auto club in Orlando (I also own a Porsche Cayenne and a Holden) and I came to know Fabian since he's also a club member. Fabian is a Mercedes-Benz Master Technician and also a very good performance tuner. He has a nice, clean shop facility and schedules by appointment. I've not met a more honest, open Mercedes tech then Fabian, he's very fair in computing labor and gives a good deal on his hours and parts markup. I would HIGHLY recommend giving Fabian a try if you want good work at an affordable price.

·
Registered
1979 and 1980 300TDs
401 Posts
What a great idea! Could of used them this past weekend while repairing rust holes underneath my car. Might not have ended up with so much POR-15 stuck on my skin..

·
Registered
1997 S320
13 Posts
Moving to Orlando

Hi,

I will be moving to Orlando soon and I have 1997 S320 with oil leak (most likely leak is from timing cover). I also want to find a place for a long term maintenance.

There are some shops mentioned here but I wanted to check to see if any new shops/recommendations.

Best

·
Registered
2004 G500
219 Posts
Hello all,

I recently picked up a 2004 G500 and there are a few items I need looked at foremost the steering vibration over 60MPH. I would also like to establish with a independent shop here in Orlando.

Since this thread hasn't been active since 2015 I would like to see who's reputable, trustworthy and highly knowledgeable now?

TIA!

·
Registered
2005 E320 CDI
97 Posts
Hi, sorry I was slow on responding to the update request. Nothing has changed with respect to my opinion of FS Tuning in Orlando. Fabian has a growing business and has recently added more staff (technicians and a full-time service writer). If you are tied specifically to Orlando for your service I'd recommend using this shop, especially if you are into raw performance. Weistec recently held a tuning event at his facility for AMG cars, as you know they don't affiliate with just any shop!

However, since I'm in Brevard County I am lucky enough to be able to use Pete's European on S. Hopkins Ave, Titusville for my service needs. Pete Weckmann is THE most honest service provider I've ever met in my life. The shop is spotless, the services are performed as-scheduled without undue delay, the sales environment is low-pressure, friendly, and service recommendations are explained clearly. Pricing is on-par with other independent Mercedes service operations (non-dealer), and almost all needed services are offered at his facility. Only transmission rebuilds are referred out to a specialty shop to my knowledge. Pete is not a "performance" shop per se (I'd recommend Fabian for that in a second!), however using his shop your car WILL remain serviceable and on the road. Pete just did an entire dash teardown on my 2008 E63 to replace a defective heater control box/plenum, the car operated properly afterwards for the first time since I'd owned it (miserable factory defect with blend door actuators on the W211).

Now, for shops NOT to use, I will no longer use Ron's European on Merritt Island under ANY circumstances. I can provide details on this one in PM.

Good luck!
Eric

·
Registered
1991 R129 500SL, 2017 X253 GLC300
1 Posts
Hi,

I'm surprised noone's mentioned this shop yet, but in the NE Orlando/Oviedo area there's Jerry's MB Service at 551 S. Econ Circle off Alafaya Trail in Oviedo. A little off the beaten path in an industrial park near the Iron Bridge water treatment facility. (you turn off Alafaya at the Iron Bridge sign) Ph. 407-366-6499.
Been taking my '91 500SL there for all it's service and repairs for the past 10 years. Highly recommended.

·
Premium Member
M120, M119, W126*2 + Silver Avantgarde wagon
4,731 Posts
Envers has done a great job. Truly...

Very few mechanics know how to work on the V12 suspension on a W140... It is normally the most frustrating thing, but Envers in 1 - 2 hours corrected all the work not done correctly out west and now my suspension is smooth again and how it should be. Envers was also honest enough to tell me that at 180,000 miles we need to replace some suspension parts!

So now we start rebuilding it all back to as new. I will keep updating as we go. Hopefully, Envers will continue to exceed my high expectations! The M120 W140 deserves perfect care. (and it is also quite nice to report that he is as German as they come! )

21 - 34 of 34 Posts