Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1985 500sel and 500sec 2012 E63 1989 Porsche 911
5,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been to ultimate euro in Davie off of 84 and European auto service off of 95 and i think griffen
both have knowledge, had some big work done on the w126 at European auto, it was expensive

done services for the c class at ultimate, about 150ish bucks for serivice a and b stuff

stil taking opinions and recommendations on these and other places

·
Registered
2007 C230 Sport, 2007 E550 Sport/Premium Package (My "new" baby!)
79 Posts
Autobahn Performance in Ft Lauderdale
954-771-3320

I spoke with a guy named Bob, very friendly and accomodating over the phone.
I haven't actually been there yet but I liked the prices he was quoting,
$195 for Service A vs the $370 that Mercedes stealer charges.
and only $100 for the alignment.

·
Registered
1962 220S(200d engine),1970 Cadillac Fleetwood 75,1984 500SL
442 Posts
I used to work for 4Mercedes on Commercial & Dixie. THAT was a learning experience to say the least...

4MERCEDES does a lot of bussissness with me and i have yet to hear a complaint from anyone :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2000 S430, 2000 S500 Both Brilliant Silver!
208 Posts
4MERCEDES does a lot of bussissness with me and i have yet to hear a complaint from anyone :thumbsup:
I'm glad you've had positive experiences with them. As with any business, they have their good days and bad days. Good luck to you.

·
Registered
2006 SLK350
41 Posts
Florida (South East) - Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, Dania - Motronix

Service Shop: Motronix, Inc.
Phone: 954-921-7442 - Fax: 954-922-1727
Email: [email protected]

Specializing in Mercedes-Benz & BMW automobiles.

This is the shop I had my sport suspension installed in. They do a WONDERFUL, AMAZING job, and more importantly, have earned my complete trust in the work that they do.

I cannot tell you how much higher I have to recommend a shop that makes a mistake, immediately notifies you of the mistake and the steps they are taking to fix it. It means more to me then a shop that never seems to have made a mistake.

One of the technicians accidentally stripped the threads on the rebound rod on one of the shocks I gave them to put on. My parents met in a repair shop, Mom worked in parts, Dad was a mechanic. I know these things can happen under the BEST of circumstances. We are all fallable humans, and sometimes things happen, you cannot have perfection all the time.

What price can you put on complete honesty? Can you name a mechanic and shop you can really, I MEAN REALLY, completely trust to tell you the truth no matter how it makes them look?

Independently I have met up with people at the Porsche events who swear by David and Motronix. It is a repair shop you can take your car to, and when they tell you it's fixed, it is race track tight, nothing will go wrong, surely fixed!

When my factory warranty runs out, you can be sure of where my car will be going.

Oh one more thing. After the replacement shock was put on I noticed the steering feel went numb like it felt with the non-sport suspension. It seems Mercedes now substitutes a "better" replacement part for the sport shock, and they sent him the different one, which looks exactly the same as the original sport shock.

David, amazingly, went above and beyond, AGAIN! First off he spent a couple of days trying to find "new, old-stock" of the shock, even trying to get one from a warehouse in Puerto Rico that said they had it. After that turned bust, he sent out the thread damaged original sport shock to a high end metalurgist and had the threads repaired to meet Mercedes' specifications.

He took the car back in, took the new shock he bought out, and put the fixed one in to make sure I was happy with the total package. How is THAT for going the extra mile for making a customer COMPLETLEY satisfied?

Motronix, is such a rare shop. Completely honest and trustworthy, they take such pride in their work, they treat your car like you would—like an obsessed fanatic!

Now, I wonder how he feels about Cadillacs!

·
Registered
2000 S430, 2000 S500 Both Brilliant Silver!
208 Posts
Service Shop: Motronix, Inc.
Phone: 954-921-7442 - Fax: 954-922-1727
Email: [email protected]

Specializing in Mercedes-Benz & BMW automobiles.

This is the shop I had my sport suspension installed in. They do a WONDERFUL, AMAZING job, and more importantly, have earned my complete trust in the work that they do.

I cannot tell you how much higher I have to recommend a shop that makes a mistake, immediately notifies you of the mistake and the steps they are taking to fix it. It means more to me then a shop that never seems to have made a mistake.

One of the technicians accidentally stripped the threads on the rebound rod on one of the shocks I gave them to put on. My parents met in a repair shop, Mom worked in parts, Dad was a mechanic. I know these things can happen under the BEST of circumstances. We are all fallable humans, and sometimes things happen, you cannot have perfection all the time.

What price can you put on complete honesty? Can you name a mechanic and shop you can really, I MEAN REALLY, completely trust to tell you the truth no matter how it makes them look?

Independently I have met up with people at the Porsche events who swear by David and Motronix. It is a repair shop you can take your car to, and when they tell you it's fixed, it is race track tight, nothing will go wrong, surely fixed!

When my factory warranty runs out, you can be sure of where my car will be going.

Oh one more thing. After the replacement shock was put on I noticed the steering feel went numb like it felt with the non-sport suspension. It seems Mercedes now substitutes a "better" replacement part for the sport shock, and they sent him the different one, which looks exactly the same as the original sport shock.

David, amazingly, went above and beyond, AGAIN! First off he spent a couple of days trying to find "new, old-stock" of the shock, even trying to get one from a warehouse in Puerto Rico that said they had it. After that turned bust, he sent out the thread damaged original sport shock to a high end metalurgist and had the threads repaired to meet Mercedes' specifications.

He took the car back in, took the new shock he bought out, and put the fixed one in to make sure I was happy with the total package. How is THAT for going the extra mile for making a customer COMPLETLEY satisfied?

Motronix, is such a rare shop. Completely honest and trustworthy, they take such pride in their work, they treat your car like you would—like an obsessed fanatic!

Now, I wonder how he feels about Cadillacs!
I have taken note.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recommend: “Star Motors”, (954) 966-0511. Located at 441 (SR-7) and about a block north from Hollywood Blvd. They are very reliable and dependable. There Master Certified Technicians are super knowledgeable and experience. It is the FIRST shop that I can truly trust and recommend. These guys are unbelievable.

·
Registered
2004 (w220) S500 & (R230) SL550 2007
644 Posts
The Best In Broward County FL

I too can vouch that European Auto by the Airport is very very good.

They are all former Benz Factory guys & Tony the owner is a real expert.

You can spend more at the dealer, but these guys do a better job...

They service my W208 & W220

·
Registered
2001 CL 500 AMG
8 Posts
Hmmm, I wonder WHEN this took place. I used to go to Motronix, to service my Audi, Benz and my Range Rover(when I had it...:-( ) The place seemed to drop considerably when Raphael left them a couple of years ago. Are they still on point? Dave tried to take advantage of me price wise a few times and I stopped going to them. I switched to European in Davie, not too satisfied w/ them either though. Maybe time to retry Dave?

·
Registered
5,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i thought european auto were very knowledgeable , maybe too much for me to understand...they are pricey...
im always nervous about taking my car anywhere, because u never know....
right now my 500 needs the tranny looked at (over revving problem), oil change, and the trip/odometer fixed..
i guess i willcall ultimate, autobahn pef, euro, and motornix for opinions on those issues

·
Registered
2007 ML 350 Iridium Silver/ Ash (Sold)
568 Posts
Ultimate Euro

For a few years I just used to bite the bullet and have all my repairs done at the Mercedes-Benz dealer. This was a carryover / habit from when I had a current warrenty. I found out that when the warrenty was over, the "friendship" of my service writer began change to charge me whatever he could or felt like that day.
I found Ultimate Euro in Davie, Florida. These guys, Father and Son, Raul and Santiago are Great! Very honest and knowlegeable about Mercedes - Benz cars. Santiago and his younger team know about the new MBZs. They have repaired my ML320 W163,E320 W211,S500 W220,C230 W203 and Raul is a Genius when it comes to working on my S320L W140, I think think guy must have worked at the factory putting these W140s together. They have all the tech and tools to plug into the MBenz computers as well. They also work on Volvo, BMW and Jaguar.
Great People, Friendly, Honest, and Fair.

Ultimate Euro Repairs
2011 S.W. 70th Avenue
Davie, Florida
(954) 475-0225

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys, I have a 07 CL550 and I was wondering if any of these shops could help me out in lowering my ride? Send me a PM. Thanks!

·
Registered
5,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i agree with above about ultimate euro
i ended up taking my w126 there again for tranny service, new radiator etc
they are thorough and explain everything t o u for the most part
good guys

1 - 20 of 42 Posts