Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Mercedes SLK 230 Kompressor
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a quick fix for the fan motor. If it's been working intermittently and has finally stopped, and you've checked the fuse, have a look at the brushes.

CMount

Attachments

·
Registered
2010 C200 CGI /W203/SLK230/W202/230E/280SE
3,301 Posts
Good work CMount, - that's one for the archive

Oberoi

·
Registered
08 ml320 cdi,slk 230,01 boxster S,04 carrera911, 99 S320,67 GT350mustang,02G500L,96 s600 w140
1,663 Posts
thanks bud! another d.i.y input

·
Registered
1999 200Ko ASPpulley 225HP AMG Sway bars/wiechers strut/carbon console /17" wheels/SLK32 calipers
90 Posts
Remember to spay the whole with WD 40.I just did the trick a weak ago.
cheers.

·
Registered
1995 c280
227 Posts
I need new brushes but i can't find them .... i changed the old spring with a taller one its working now but can you please tell me where you bought the brushes from ????

thanks

mikhail

·
Registered
2001 SLK 320 Auto in Linarite Blue
103 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
My blower stopped working after the windshield drains plugged and water infiltrated the ac system. My audio system also shorted out. So much for German engineering!

Old houses and women (and old Mercedes) you cannot own them, you can just commit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
PS to Cmount= I do appreciate you taking the time to post the very helpful pdf. I am going attempt to post the link to the other threads for water leaks, they are usually accompanied by electrical concerns.

·
Registered
3 Posts
ok... so whats your main problem now? how did they drain get clogged or how to fix the windshield wiper motor?
Mikhail, I think I have the compounded problems resolved. Leaves and pine needles clogged the body drains. Over flow water accumulated in the air duct and drenched the blower and electronics located on the interior passenger side bulkhead. I found that the drains were plugged and the adhesive on the windshield weather-stipping had dried out. I have fixed the drains, I made a little basket of some copper screen so that I will not have to "fish" the drain tubes. I dried the car out and fortunately the audio was not permanently damaged due to the fusing. The carpet was slow to dry even though I vaccuumed out the floor pan, the foam really retains water. Now all that is left is to repair/replace the blower, if it is not the regulator. Do you know of a good inexpensive source online to obtain expanded assembly part graphics?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts