Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ARRRGGG... Tried the Pixel Fix, and now........

Both the temp guage and clock are gone. Speedometer lights even look lighter now than before. I can barely see the clock and temp guage once I turn headlights on, but when they're off, you can't see anything. I only had a few pixels out on the little square that shows P, R, N D. Thought I'd try the pixel fix, now it's gone from bad to worse. Anyone experienced this??? What did I do wrong?

·
Registered
98 Posts
They were before I took the cluster out.... Is it typical for them to go bad when you're working on the pixel fix?
I blew out 3 or 4 of the 1.3W bulbs and one of the main ones. I didn't know that you need to make certain not to open the door putting power to the cluster when plugging the cluster back in. I used a rig i made using magnets to hold the door jam switch down, and haven't blown any since. My pixels better but are still squirrelly, but I'm working on that!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I blew out 3 or 4 of the 1.3W bulbs and one of the main ones. I didn't know that you need to make certain not to open the door putting power to the cluster when plugging the cluster back in. I used a rig i made using magnets to hold the door jam switch down, and haven't blown any since. My pixels better but are still squirrelly, but I'm working on that!
Are those the bulbs that look like they come out by inserting a flat screwdriver and turning them to get them out??? Can you get them at a Napa, Advance Auto, Autozone, etc? Or do you need to get them from MB dealer?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yes. I got mine at the MB dealer, the parts guy just gave me 4 of each 1.3W and 1.5W. They are color coded grey & tan. Someone said that Autozone has them.
A funny thing, after telling you I hadn't blown out any bulbs since i pulled the cluster last, half my fuel gauge back light was out tonight, and then it came back on. I think it knows I was talking about it!:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts