Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know this has been talked about before but I figured I'd write about it.

The problem started with the light on the fuel gauge flashing. I thought the gas cap was loose so I checked it. It was tight. So, I drove it for a little while longer then the check engine light came on.
I used my generic code reader and checked the car for the code. It was ONLY the P0455 code.
After reading some posts I came to the conclusion I was going to buy the cheaper parts first and do it myself.

I bought a new gas cap (mine was old anyways)

I bought the Regeneration Valve (in the picture its the piece with MOT on it) and both rubber hoses that connect to it. (I also purchased 4 new hose clamps for the hoses)

The Regeneration Valve is located on the driver side of the engine compartment below the windshield washer fluid tank. (If you couldn't tell in the picture)

All these parts were Original Mercedes and cost around $200 for the lot. (you can buy aftermarket parts for less but thats come back to bite me one too many times.... I'm not doing that again)

It ended up being the Regeneration valve. Codes gone

It took me 20min (maybe less) to install all of this.

Hope this helps point someone in the right direction.

Attachments

·
Registered
1997 E320
24 Posts
Thanks for help and pictures. Mine was exactly the same code and flashing fuel light but turned out to be the Evac canister vent solenoid. Once changed all was good!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts