Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well on my 420SEL, i decided to give it a good vacuuming after our thanksgiving dinner and after the family left.

so after taking the carpet and floor mats up i thought to look behind my accelerator pedal. low and behold there is a switch back there. and it was not sitting in the braket that holds it. put it back and later took it for a drive.

sure enough while driving at a steady speed and then flooring it, as if to pass or just accelerate quickly, it will now down shift into second. before, i'd only be able to get down to 3rd gear. it also is able to take off in first if i stomp it at a stop. just amazing that a simple switch was the only thing holding it back. i was going to try adjust the bowden cable, but i now realize thats not necessary at this point.

so now this car will accelerate quickly when i need it to. i cant believe i never looked at the pedal switch! i mean i am highly mechanically inclined but just never hit me to take a look. but i'm sort of new to mercedes different bits and pieces.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
I've been noticing that my kickdown will sometimes activate way too soon, at the fault of my floor mats, even though they are quite thin. I'm considering just cutting off the flap that goes behind the pedal. I'm guessing that part might be what unseated your kickdown in the first place. Down with pedal flaps!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts