Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1983 240D
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This cars awesome so comfy and fast:thumbsup:
theres a few cosmetic things inside and out but she still turns heads now and then.
212,000 on it with service records up to 185,000, the last owner was a mechanic, he had diesel saved up for a few year and really wanted my 240d.
I was unsure about the trade but my suspension was just about shot (you could see my crackd bushings all under the car), the clutch was goin out fast and she had alot more osmetic issues than the s500. we did a straight trade and i feel it was a good idea since to fix my 240d properly would have been money i dont have, plus the s500 would be easiest to sell if need be.

what do yall think?
did i skrew this one up?

Is there anyway to get better MPG, this girls sucks up my gas and its only premium so it aint too cheap?

My radio signal is very weak, when im in town ill pick up one station two if im real lucky. any thoughts on whats wrong?

and is there away to play burned CDs in my disc changer, i made a few but it would not read them, any tricks or tips would be awesome

ill post pics later since i washed her real good last night

·
Registered
CL500 W140 '97 Coupe
62 Posts
Pictures?

..of both cars, then we may know if you made the right decision :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1992 600SEL and 1990 ford taurus GL
270 Posts
What are u getting for mpg? ( lol being a V12 owner I couldn't care less about fuel consumption, so I have no idea what mine is )

And as far as your radio station issue, I know that when mine needed a new battery very badly, it wouldn't pick up any radio stations at all randomly. All I would get was static, and when it did get a radio station it was very staticy. Plus, it had no bass what so ever. Then I got a new battery and everything started to work perfectly. Now I can pick up radio stations wayyyyyy longer than most cars can and the bass is BOOMIN!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
1992 600SEL and 1990 ford taurus GL
270 Posts
And because a w140 looks so ageless, they are much easier to sell if and only if you know where to advertise it.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
1983 240D
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol found my camera took some nice pics, found the cord and its broke, ill get the pics up when my girl comes home.

as for MPG..i have a lead foot and finaly a car that i can use it on, but that said its high miles and i havent been comfrotable with opening the throttle and see what she can really do, im a lil bit f a chicken shizz dont wan brake nothing yet:D. usually the gauge stays around 20, of course lowers as i go accelerate but generally about there. I took her on the freeway and cruise controlled at 75 and it stayd at 25mpg and felt good that i was able to pass a car at 75 if i felt the need too lol

the battery issue with the radio signal might be the case, when i traded for her the guy told me that he had to charge the battery because he left on the lights. ill look into that more. i noticed the battery now doesnt let the cover fit over it. is this an unsafe issue or just a big battery?

·
Registered
1998 S600 LWB 2011 GLK 350 4matic 2013 Sprinter 2500
412 Posts
I love those old 240D's. Some old hippie in the West County probably took it off your hands. I wish I had one. You're in a different world with the W140's.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts