Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
You wouldn't happen to have good instructions for doing this?
I don't, but I did intend to create some. There are some instructions out there, but they are not complete enough. I also made several mistakes that I think would be common place, so I'll air my dirty laundry in hopes of preventing others from making the some errors. How soon are you wanting to perform the work? It will take me a while to create some good instructions. I was taking some pictures along the way with my phone, but many didn't come out so good.

This is a good link

2008 ML320 CDI - Oil Cooler Seals Replacement - MBWorld.org Forums

Here is a link to a UK MB forum that talks about replacing the Swirl motor. It will get you most of the way there and it has some pretty good pictures.

V6 CDI Inlet Port Shut Off Motor Replacement - Mercedes-Benz Owners' Forums

This one diagnoses the oil cooler leak.

Major oil leak E320 Bluetec - Rear Engine Oil Seal?? - MBWorld.org Forums

Lots of photos of the procedure

https://plus.google.com/photos/110006420902447165324/albums/5848623881113808401

It will probably take a full weekend if nothing goes wrong and you have all the parts/gaskets you need. Order them in advance from and online parts house. My local stealer was over retail for almost every thing. The online MB parts place had the parts at 1/3 of what my local stealer wanted. There are several, the one in Atlanta gave me the best service - I think...

·
Registered
6 Posts
I don't, but I did intend to create some. There are some instructions out there, but they are not complete enough. I also made several mistakes that I think would be common place, so I'll air my dirty laundry in hopes of preventing others from making the some errors. How soon are you wanting to perform the work? It will take me a while to create some good instructions. I was taking some pictures along the way with my phone, but many didn't come out so good.

This is a good link

2008 ML320 CDI - Oil Cooler Seals Replacement - MBWorld.org Forums

Here is a link to a UK MB forum that talks about replacing the Swirl motor. It will get you most of the way there and it has some pretty good pictures.

V6 CDI Inlet Port Shut Off Motor Replacement - Mercedes-Benz Owners' Forums

This one diagnoses the oil cooler leak.

Major oil leak E320 Bluetec - Rear Engine Oil Seal?? - MBWorld.org Forums

Lots of photos of the procedure

https://plus.google.com/photos/110006420902447165324/albums/5848623881113808401

It will probably take a full weekend if nothing goes wrong and you have all the parts/gaskets you need. Order them in advance from and online parts house. My local stealer was over retail for almost every thing. The online MB parts place had the parts at 1/3 of what my local stealer wanted. There are several, the one in Atlanta gave me the best service - I think...
One more good link with pictures

https://plus.google.com/photos/114200990339201916882/albums/5950286581912325089

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

i have disconnected the servo motor on my 09 Gl320 Bluetec by installing a 2W 4.7K Ohm resistor and i have gained the full full boost of the engine.

Unfortunately the engine light is still on and i get fault code B96/1 left intake port shutoff and position sensor defective.

I have removed previously the both manifolds and the plastic mechanisms were in very bad condition. Cleaned it and mounted them again
by disconnecting the servo.

Anybody can tell me if there is any repair kit for the manifolds including the plastics and the flaps.

thanks in andvance

·
Registered
1 Posts
There is a vendor that flashes the ECU to shut down the servo motor with no CEL light I'm actually considering it myself for my ML

·
Registered
e320 2007
2 Posts
The 4.7K resistor will dissipate maximum of .03Watts in this circuit. A 1/8 watt rating resistor would also work fine. The the resistor leads get thicker as the resistor rating goes up. A 4.7K 1/2 Watt would probably fit the connector best.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Intake linkages

I'm having a similar problem on my 2008 bluetec. M-B dealer told me I need new swirl motor and intake manifolds, quoted me $5K! Car only has 78K miles on it. I'd like to try the resistor trick, but what about making sure the swirl flaps are open? How can I check that (or do I even need to)?

·
Registered
E320/E250 Bluetec Ford F350 6.7l
35,885 Posts
As with all bypass module, I would start with asking vendor about passing smog test, how that will affect engine performance and what happens when intake gets clog with sot?

Once I read "without any adverse effects " I know the seller tells BS.

·
Registered
2007 E-320 BluTec, 2010 Corvette C6 , 2015 COPO/Camaro
24 Posts
Questions for you:

Did you have a lot of oil leaking into the air intake manifold going into the turbo? I need to replace both the turbo inlet rubber seal and the PCV rubber seal as both are leaking oil.

Did your car have a bunch of oil all over the swirl motor?

I'm considering installing a PCV oil catch can also.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Intake linkages

I'm having a similar problem on my 2008 bluetec. M-B dealer told me I need new swirl motor and intake manifolds, quoted me $5K! Car only has 78K miles on it. I'd like to try the resistor trick, but what about making sure the swirl flaps are open? How can I check that (or do I even need to)?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have 2007 Bluetec, oil leaked out of gasket on MAF Y and seeped through top of swirl flap motor and shorted it out. Expensive repair, if it ever happens again I will delete swirl flap

21 - 32 of 32 Posts