Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2004 CLK 320
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night when I got to my car, I noticed about a 4" crease or dent, likely from someone opening their door and hitting my car. It's probably one of those "I'm the only one who sees it", but of course if someone looks closely enough they'll see it. To me though, it noticeable enough nfor me to see it fairly easily.

What's the best remedy for this? Is this a DIY? If so, what do I need. If not, what would a body shop charge for a fix of this. Or, is it likely something I'd be better off just living with?

Thanks for any advice.

Rick

·
Registered
2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK63 AMG Coupe
791 Posts
Last night when I got to my car, I noticed about a 4" crease or dent, likely from someone opening their door and hitting my car. It's probably one of those "I'm the only one who sees it", but of course if someone looks closely enough they'll see it. To me though, it noticeable enough nfor me to see it fairly easily.

What's the best remedy for this? Is this a DIY? If so, what do I need. If not, what would a body shop charge for a fix of this. Or, is it likely something I'd be better off just living with?

Thanks for any advice.

Rick
Look up PDR repair (Paintless Dent Repair).
It is a very clever and car-friendly way of removing dents.

If the dent is not too far down the door, it should be pretty easy for a PDR guy to deal with.

You'll be amazed at the kind of dents that can be removed in this way.

If the paint/ laquer surface is not damaged, there will be no need for re-painting.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2004 CLK 320
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Look up PDR repair (Paintless Dent Repair).
It is a very clever and car-friendly way of removing dents.

If the dent is not too far down the door, it should be pretty easy for a PDR guy to deal with.

You'll be amazed at the kind of dents that can be removed in this way.

If the paint/ laquer surface is not damaged, there will be no need for re-painting.

Hey Rash, I can't see YouTube from work, but I'll certainly check it out when I get home. The slight "crease" is midway on the door and no paint damage whatsoever.

If PDR is a place I have to take it, I'll check out the price. If it's something I can buy and do, I'll try it. It's just that I know it's there and nags at me to fix it.

Thanks for the reply and I'll look at the YouTube video when I get home.

:) Rick

·
Registered
791 Posts
Hey Rash, I can't see YouTube from work, but I'll certainly check it out when I get home. The slight "crease" is midway on the door and no paint damage whatsoever.

If PDR is a place I have to take it, I'll check out the price. If it's something I can buy and do, I'll try it. It's just that I know it's there and nags at me to fix it.

Thanks for the reply and I'll look at the YouTube video when I get home.

:) Rick
Hey bud,

PDR is a process of removing dents.

Do a search for Paintless Dent Repairs in your area (or dent repairs, in general) and you should find someone who can deal with the dent for you.

PDR is quite widely used these days, so you shouldn't have too much trouble finding someone to help you.

Don't try doing it yourself, as it is quite a skilled profession.

Your dent sounds like it should be pretty easy for a PDR guy to deal with.

You shouldn't need paint correction either if the paint/ laquer isn't damaged.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Paintless dent repair is the way to go. My mechanic did a few for me and they came out great.
Hey bud!

Yeah, I was very impressed with PDR too.
I knew nothing about it until last year.

A very effective way to remove dents indeed... and very "painless" for the car! :cool:

·
Registered
2008 E350, Sport, P2
67 Posts
I've had excellent results with paintless dent repair. I've had several dings and creases removed without any trace of them ever being there. A couple years ago I had a car caught out in a hailstorm, had about 30 big dings on the hood and roof. It took the guy all day but when he was done you could not tell a thing. For a single crease like you describe, I'd say $100 should do it. Most of them are franchised, like Dent Doctor, Dent Wizard etc. Ask the guy how long he's been doing this as skill develops over time like any other trade.

Well worth the cost and far better than letting someone start doing paintwork etc. Good luck.

·
Registered
2004 CLK 320
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the responses. I found at least 1 Paintless Dent Repair franchise near me. There are others that appear to use the PDR system at several other places in the area as well.

Thanks for the rough estimate Mark. As I've mentioned, it's almost not even noticeable to most people (I have to look at an angle to find it in the door), but it's there.

After the holidays, I'll probably give them a call and get it taken care of. Thanks again!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts