Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Mercedes Ml320
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the ML out camping in the desert for 4 days it worked great! took me everywhere I wanted to go. I ended up abandoning my tent and folding down the rear seats and sleeping in the ML. Being that it was 30 F outside at night. A bunch of people asked me how much money I make to have a mercedes as my camping vehicle. I showed them the owners manual on the offroading section where it says how much water it can take and what hills it can climb ect. They were all really surprised. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
ML320,C230, F250, Bayliner, Mountain Bike, Fleetwood Motorhome etc...
1,839 Posts
I love taking my ML in the desert. It feels like it is in it's envirenment. I used to take it out when it wasstock but after all the mods I've done it is much more capable off road. As for the tent, I never bring one anymore with the ML with the seats down it sleeps 2 comfortably on an air mattress

·
Registered
2000 Mercedes Ml320
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I love taking my ML in the desert. It feels like it is in it's envirenment. I used to take it out when it wasstock but after all the mods I've done it is much more capable off road. As for the tent, I never bring one anymore with the ML with the seats down it sleeps 2 comfortably on an air mattress
I really would like to mod mine for better offroad. What all do you have done? Can you provide links to sites for offroad gear?

·
Registered
2005 E320 CDI, 2016 E250
3,199 Posts
Don't know how plausible it is...but I would like very much to take my ML to Death Valley this summer and climb the mountains.

Rudedude is right...seats down (and sub boxes out) the rear sleeps two comfortably. I'm 6'3" and I have no issues.

·
Registered
ML320,C230, F250, Bayliner, Mountain Bike, Fleetwood Motorhome etc...
1,839 Posts
I really would like to mod mine for better offroad. What all do you have done? Can you provide links to sites for offroad gear?
I never could find anything online to mod my ML. I raised it by tightening the tortion bars and put spacers under the rear shocks. Then I installed 285-75-16 all terraine tires. I installed a winch and off road lights. So far I have only had to use the winch on other vehicles not mine...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.