Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1985 500SEC
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so, i hope you guys can help me with this, i'm bringing to car into the garage tomorow to fix it, but i just want to know what you guys think first.

When i start the car and the engine is still cold (below 80c) the idle goes up and down from 500 to 1500, when it reaches 500 RPM car start to shake (not violently, just a mild shake) and almost stalls. A couple of times when the engine was still cold, the car stalled just by clutching in. But once the engine is hot, all of these problems are completly gone, idle is at a steady 800-850 RPM

Anyone have any clue what may cause this? Vacuum lines, idle control valve?

Furthermore, last week end i drove up to the country, on my way back i noticed something absolutly horrible. A little rock from the highway (Damn truckers!!) chipped and cracked by beautiful euro headlamp. Anyone know how much a replacement is if i were to buy it from a Mercedes dealership??

I'm guessing i cant just change one, i'll have to buy the set. (and while i'm at it i should paint the insides black, like one of the members on this forum did.)

Any help is much appreciated,

·
Registered
93 190E 2.3, 94 E320 (sold), 01 E320, 99 S320, 18 Durango
4,978 Posts
Regarding the idle issue I would say most likely it is your OVP is bad or could be also the Cold start valve.

·
Registered
'85 2.3-16 '99 C280 '11 GLK350
4,804 Posts
500 rpm at idle is asking for a stall, so no surprise there.

The surging could be a vacuum leak. Engine temp sensor could also be a culprit.

Happy hunting.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts