Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Talk to anyone at AMG, and he will tell you the target vehicle for the ML63 AMG is the Porsche Cayenne Turbo. Forget other sporty utes such as the Range Rover Sport, the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8, or the BMW X5 4.8is: AMG focused on one truck, and one truck alone. The ML63 was even developed on the fearsome Nordschleife of the Nürburgring, where it laps the 12.9-mile circuit in “about 8 minutes, 40 seconds.” Not so long ago, that was a good Porsche 911 time."

http://www.caranddriver.com/previews/11088/first-drive-review-mercedes-benz-ml63-amg.html

·
Registered
9 Posts
ML 63 AMG said:
"Talk to anyone at AMG, and he will tell you the target vehicle for the ML63 AMG is the Porsche Cayenne Turbo. Forget other sporty utes such as the Range Rover Sport, the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8, or the BMW X5 4.8is: AMG focused on one truck, and one truck alone. The ML63 was even developed on the fearsome Nordschleife of the Nürburgring, where it laps the 12.9-mile circuit in “about 8 minutes, 40 seconds.” Not so long ago, that was a good Porsche 911 time."

http://www.caranddriver.com/previews/11088/first-drive-review-mercedes-benz-ml63-amg.html
Thank's, very interesting link.
I have a question.
Quote from article
"AMG has modified the Airmatic air-spring suspension, making it 100 percent stiffer at the front and 60 percent harder at the rear, with special Bilstein damper struts all around"
Does this mean that AMG suspension on ML63 would be a lot stiffer then regular one? Because to me 100 percent stiffer is a lot. The thing is, that in Moscow, where I live, we have really bad roads, many pot holes, bumps etc. and for instance, driving of my E55AMG (w210) on 18"s is not comfortable at all. i also have S320 as my dayly driver and it's a lot more comfortable. I thought that since there is an airmatic in ML63, i can adjust it's suspension settings, so on comfort mode it will drive like a regular ML, and on sport mode as an AMG.
What do you guys think? Should I stay away from ML63AMG?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ORK said:
I have a question.
Quote from article
"AMG has modified the Airmatic air-spring suspension, making it 100 percent stiffer at the front and 60 percent harder at the rear, with special Bilstein damper struts all around"
Does this mean that AMG suspension on ML63 would be a lot stiffer then regular one? Because to me 100 percent stiffer is a lot. The thing is, that in Moscow, where I live, we have really bad roads, many pot holes, bumps etc. and for instance, driving of my E55AMG (w210) on 18"s is not comfortable at all. i also have S320 as my dayly driver and it's a lot more comfortable. I thought that since there is an airmatic in ML63, i can adjust it's suspension settings, so on comfort mode it will drive like a regular ML, and on sport mode as an AMG.
I would think the ride would be hard and stiff in sport mode and normal/comfortable in comfort mode. I noticed there was two diffrent type of suspesion setting button in the ML 63 AMG right by the gear shifting button right below the nav screen.

"The ML63 actually feels like a Mercedes Benz of yore, in that it crushes the road surface into submission. It goes down the highway with real authority, in part due to meaty, well-weighted steering and in part due to damping that is firm but well controlled. We’re not sure how well it will cope with broken pavement in the American Snowbelt, but it felt at home on the shiny new blacktop of Andalusia."

·
Registered
05 SL55, 04 ML500, ML63 on order 997TT launch car on order
158 Posts
ORK said:
Everybody should stay away from it till I get mine. That way the introductory price will be lower.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts