Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1989 560SEC 'Artic White'
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello my name is Ben, 16 years old, and i am fairly new to the w126 scene!

My 89' 560SEC Story:

The story starts as was looking for a car that not only was a classic but had some reliability behind it as well. I had been looking through ebay and craigslist regularly looking for something that might catch my eye. I had been searching for awhile when my dad hinted me at a car that his friend had stored in his garage for a the . So he told me it was a mercedes 560sec and I was very excited right away (just hearing Mercedes) and quickly looked it up on google. Once I saw a picture of one I was completely dumbfounded of how awesome and proud I would be to own this car...the sight of it was so fricken cool!

Well now off to how lucky I am to own this car.

Specs:

1989 560SEC Artic White (US)

Engine was bored to 6.0
Leather mushroom interior
Ortho/Heated front seats...hahaha
front headlights already converted to Euro/wipers switched over
euro headlight adjusters also installed
newly top-end rebuild
the whole body/paint is in perfect condition
rims off of a later slk (not sure of the exact names)
and so much more...

After doing some minimal maintenance, I was impressed of how this car was so much in head of its time. I mean just the little things too. Yeah that's right, nobody is stealing my gas. :surrender: Oh, does your car have heated windshield wiper fluid? I think not! :cool:

Overall I am more than impressed with my 22 year old car. :bowdown:
Pictures soon to come.

Thanks for reading,

Ben

·
Registered
Sold, in the market.
224 Posts
Welcome! Post some pics! Great choice to go with the C126!

·
Registered
1988 Mercedes Benz 420SEL 258,000 miles (SOLD) 1991 300se 168,000 miles, ASR 1999 GMC Yukon 192,000
1,376 Posts
Welcome and where in pa are you?

Got any pics?

·
Registered
Euro 1985 500SEL
1,498 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new car. The best advice I can give you is to not be fooled into thinking these cars are cheap to repair. Save up your money and make a "repair fund", because sooner or later your going to need it, and depending on what the problem is, it could be a little or mucho dinero. If you do your own repairs, then the cost shouldn't be that bad, but if it's anything to do with AC/Heat, transmission or engine, you will find out just how expensive it can be, and there is a good chance this will happen due to the age of these cars. Some people think these cars can go on forever..others think they are done at 250k miles..lots of confusion, ignorance and misinformation on this issue..but either way old cars break down, so just be prepared financially so you don't regret getting a W126 like many have when enamored of their style, but dissapointed in the repair costs.

Welcome again and enjoy your new ride! :)

·
Registered
1983 500 SEC Lorinser 1971 280se w108
1,963 Posts
Specs:

1989 560SEC Artic White (US)

Engine was bored to 6.0
Leather mushroom interior
Ortho/Heated front seats...hahaha
front headlights already converted to Euro/wipers switched over
euro headlight adjusters also installed
newly top-end rebuild
the whole body/paint is in perfect condition
rims off of a later slk (not sure of the exact names)
and so much more...
youve piqued my interest
Any documentation on who did it? you may have somthing special there

·
Registered
1983-2007 MB's
8,015 Posts

·
Registered
1989 560SEC 'Artic White'
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry for that bondavi...I picked it up for somewhere around $7000 and am paying my dad back over these next 2 years. The car itself is in great shape and I won't have to sorry about many mechanical issues for awhile.

·
Registered
2012 GLK350W4, 2006 E350, 1968 250SL
249 Posts
Sounds like a winner, especially if it's been nicely maintained. A GREAT ride for a first car, and probably the beginning of the end for you my friend...

It will be hard not to have a car like that in your life forever, in some form or another. Great car!

·
Registered
2000 SLK230-LE
375 Posts
Wow. You got quite a special car for your first one. I got a black/black 420SEL for my first car. Had it for 4 years and I'm 20 now. Kind of envious that you were lucky enough to get such a car...but then again, if I had that, I wouldn't daily it as I do my car. Hope you take care of it well! :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts