Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
E55 AMG
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today is bad day for me. My SLK didn't want to start-engine!! I don't know what it was happen, but it's very irritating [:(] I had to call to Mercedes-Benz 24h Service and they took my car... Tomorrow I wish find out what happen.

·
Registered
2005 350SLK
490 Posts
SCARY..... I hope we did not all buy a Dodge 350 SLK [:D] I hate being the devil's advocate, but the old saying that you should never buy a german car during the first year following its introduction is holding true, I guess these guys certainly do not care about quality or their customers......

·
Registered
350 SLK
1,528 Posts
Aren't you the one who did all the mods to the engine? Are the MB repairs even covered by warranty when you have modded the engine?

·
Registered
SLK55 //AMG
1,212 Posts
malibuite - 4/28/2005 3:23 PM

Aren't you the one who did all the mods to the engine? Are the MB repairs even covered by warranty when you have modded the engine?
Yes, and in another post he seems to suggest they are the cause of the problem. He said he would post details in a few days.

By the way

Stock SLK350
268HP /272PS
258lb/ft /349Nm

Vath ECU Tuned SLK
306HP / 310PS
287lb/ft / 390Nm

Impressive numbers but I am now quite suspicious of how those numbers were achieved - perhaps leading to damage to the SLK350's engine.

P.S. Conversions courtesy of http://www.mr2ownersclub.com/converter.htm

·
Registered
E55 AMG
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes, I have mod engine in vath. I have Big problem with my car... (still stand in mercedes-benz service).

Problem is with ECU. When Vath mechanics changing program in ECU, they have to damage something on mainboard. I send my ECU to them (on Monday), because I have their guarantees. Now, Vath company don't have time for me and my problem. My car still no working... today is Friday and I don't have ECU and no answers from Vath company. I'm really pissed off! When I ring to Vath I still hear "...the person who take your cause is unattainable/busy" .. ec [:(!] I also sended couple e-mails to them! I gave ~2800$ for chiptuning and 600$ for transports ECU. And this is not the end of history. Of course I can order new ECU from Mercedes-Benz (warranty) but Vath damage ECU casing (I post picture when they send my ECU back) and now I see new expense - NEW ECU form Mercedes-Benz.. more $ to spent..

I tuning many Mercedes cars in Carlsson and Brabus, never any problem..

I trusted new firm because I reading torsten forum about 3 years and Vath company is their sponsor.

It's my first and last experience with Vath company.
I warn you before this firm! [:(]

More details coming soon...

·
Registered
350 SLK
1,528 Posts
I am still confused when you say Vath damaged your ECU but you can order new one from Mercedes under warranty. Why would this be covered under warranty?

So sorry for your problem as I am afraid it will take some time and money to repair. I know lots of people mod their cars but this is why I would never touch the engine and electronics of a new car still under warranty.

Good luck and keep us posted!

·
Registered
E55 AMG
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I can't order new ECU under warranty because Vath damage casing. [:(]

·
Registered
SLK 55 AMG
3,560 Posts
It is currently holiday season. Maybe the reason you're not able to contact them, is because the people working at Vath are away from office.

·
Registered
E55 AMG
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Shinigami: No, today I spoke with Vath (his name is Adreas..) and got "great" news, He told me that in Germany is service action on SLK350 (problem with ECU and cable from ECU to engine) and my ECU is working good, but He is 100% sure that I have problem with cable. I work in Mercedes-Benz Dealership and I can confirm this service action on my car. When I spoke to Mercedes-Benz Central in Poland and Germany I heard that there was no action on SLK350 with ECU/Cable! [?] So, I ring to Vath again and told him that isn't any service action on my car. He was very naughty and told me that he know better then Mercedes-Benz in Germany/Poland [:0]
and He throw headphones! I think I lose my money and health with this Vath Company...

·
Registered
SLK55 //AMG
1,212 Posts
The bottom line is that you shipped them your ECU and it was returned to you damaged.
It does not matter if there is a Mercedes Benz action for a cable in the ECU - It is still a damaged item and therefore they must refund you your money or fix the broken ECU part. If it cannot be fixed, then they should supply the funds for a replacement ECU.

·
Registered
E55 AMG
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
SIlver_Lana: I know this but Vath don't [:(]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts