Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1987 560SL
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my first Benz today. A 560SL with 78K. Pristine condition, dealer serviced, bought it off of an older couple for a song. Will post serial number and pictures soon. It's blue on tan interior. No wear anywhere, garage kept all it's life, driven by a woman.

Couple of questions.

Just put on the hard-top today, and fiddled with the convertible top. The anchor hole that the post goes down into at the base of the back windshield. The thing doesn't go all the way down in there on either the convertible or the hard top. Is there a way to fix this?

Also, where is the fan speed control? Everything blows top notch, the heat is blazing.

Do you use leatherique to maintain the leather.

Any other general advice or things to start looking at would be appreciated. I'm an Italian car guy, have two Fiats and will get a Ferrari, but I couldn't resist this deal. Thanks.

·
R/C107 Moderator
1986 560SL: '84 500SL: '84 280SL 5 speed: other 107s
32,329 Posts

·
Outstanding Contributor , Bob's Your Uncle!
-----'83 280 SL----- 5 speed....The PIG
29,498 Posts
Tripped on a Benz on the way to a Ferrari.
Heart warming.

Welcome to the forum. :)

·
Premium Member
89 R107, 05 CDI
2,536 Posts
Good stuff, congratulations! Welcome and post some pictures of her!

Oh and that's nobby's way of saying hi, welcome and glad to meet you!

·
Outstanding Contributor , Bob's Your Uncle!
-----'83 280 SL----- 5 speed....The PIG
29,498 Posts
Oh and that's nobby's way of saying hi, welcome and glad to meet you!
Oh.

And meet my assistant.

Don't forget the drycleaning.

·
Registered
87 560SL
292 Posts
Just put on the hard-top today, and fiddled with the convertible top. The anchor hole that the post goes down into at the base of the back windshield. The thing doesn't go all the way down in there on either the convertible or the hard top. Is there a way to fix this?
If I'm understanding you right, the top does not rest on the paint, it actually sits a little above, sealed by gasket.

·
R/C107 Moderator
1986 560SL: '84 500SL: '84 280SL 5 speed: other 107s
32,329 Posts
Did the old couple misplace the owners manual?

·
Registered
1978 450SL--117K
1,374 Posts
If you don't have the manual for the car, register your ownership with MB classics (you should anyway) and order a replacement manual with them.

I have fallen in love with the 560 that I bought for my daughter--have driven about 1500 miles in it this Fall and absolutely love it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts