Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been getting various bits and pieces for my 1979 Eleanor and came across a few first aid kits with plastic holders / brackets that are mounted on the shelf where rear seats were optionally fitted. I’ve a shelf in the rear, not seats, and the car didn’t come with either kit or the bracket, nor there’s any sign of it ever being fitted to the shelf; does anyone know if the first aid kit was standard equipment or an optional extra? My car is a Euro / UK spec. I'll appreciate any insights.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well never mind me, I found some old threads on this topic and while none talk specifically about RHD / UK cars it does seem it was a standard option - unless it was deleted.

If anyone has any other feedback I'll appreciate it.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I believe that they were (and still are) required for the German market, but may not have been for the UK.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks benztag! I bet they're a requirement today, but not sure what the situation was 8n the 70's. Given MBs focus on safety I'd think they were standard, but going through some additional forums and it does look like they were optional in some markets.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you Rudiger and isthisdave, appreciated. So SLC had the neatly designed pocket for the kit, and the SL had the kit thrown in the trunk (if rear seats were there) or in the black plastic bracket on the rear shelf; I couldn't find any signs of it ever being screwed on to the shelf. I might reach out to the UK buddies for some feedback.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
4 Participants
miko1aj
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing