Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys anyone here has a original fire extinguisher in their 560sel?

I wish if someone can post a photo of how it looks like and where it is located in the car.:)

·
Mercedes
9,038 Posts
There are a couple of types...
They're all attached by a bracket to the driver's front chair at the front. On RHD, they'd be infront of the passenger side.

·
Premium Member
1973 450SL 2004 E320 4Matic Wagon 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee
3,193 Posts
Were they....

Snibble said:
They're all attached by a bracket to the driver's front chair at the front. On RHD, they'd be infront of the passenger side.
Were they standard or optional? All years, all models, or what? I don't have one, nor does there look like a place for a bracket on my 91 420SEL

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
A 560 extinguisher looks just like a 500 or a 420 or a 380. Fire extinguishers are required on cars sold in Germany, I didn't say Euro because there may be some countries that don't care. Same for med kit. If you want one find a Euro.

·
Mercedes
9,038 Posts
US cars didn't get them nor did they get the emergency triangle in the trunk. Only exception is if it was a Euro delivery.

The fire extinguishers were available to cars as option 682(atleast thats the option code on my 190E) and were for countries that required fire extinguishers.

·
Registered
'80 450SLC Afro RHD Ikonengold
2,885 Posts
Snibble said:
Nope, on RHD they are also under front part of driver seat.

BTW, all non-US spec cars were more or less featured same way and I've never seen/heard of Europe and Africa delivered car without all above mentioned features

·
Premium Member
1973 450SL 2004 E320 4Matic Wagon 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee
3,193 Posts
Ask a question, get an answer

This forum is terrific - you can always get an answer no matter how unusual the question is. Thanks for the responses.

·
Premium Member
1989 560SEC AMG Euro / 2012 C300 4Matic Sport / 2006 CLS500 AMG
2,338 Posts
Ah, I guess that's what that mount on the front of my seat is for.

I thought it was for my gun. ;)

- Steve

·
Registered
1993 300SEL (Sold) 2007 X5
7,218 Posts
For those who think about buying one there is one important thing, I know as far as the W140 was concerned it's a special type of extinguisher not a CO2 one so ti could be used without harming you inside the car.

·
Registered
1984 500 SEL euro, 1989 560 SEL, 1980 450 SL, 1981 DeLorean, 2013 F10 BMW
1,253 Posts
My euro had one when it was imported to me back in '84. The certification shop must have kept it for themselves since the car didn't come thru customs with it on the car. A few years ago, while in Italy at my Dad's home, I picked a new one up from the local MB dealership. Now the missing piece is back in the car.

Regards,

·
Registered
1982 280 se aut. ecc. - sold
1,607 Posts
Sorry to disagree. Not all Eurocars have a fire extinguisher. My belgiumdelivered 280 SE doesn't have one. It was an option like so many things people in the US consider standard.
They pop up on Ebay germany every once in a while.

gr J

·
Registered
2006 BMW M3 Comp, Almost everything from AC Schnitzer catalog.
15 Posts
Replica I thought it was a Fake MB one....NVM...The whole thing is a dummy model....Sounds like something a kid puts on his Civic..

1 - 20 of 33 Posts