Discussion Starter #1
Now, remember this is a work in progress.. If the pictures post that is

Attachments

·
Registered
1984 280SEL AMG
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx, He's the reason I traded my bike for it... He looks good in the driver seat too [:D][:D]

·
Registered
1984 280SEL AMG
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The camra batterys gave their lives to give me these pics. I'll attempt it later, when the batterys and the wife are in better moods[xx(]

Also need to wash it.. still gots a lotta dirt on it... Don't wanna embares it on it's first showing in THAT area [:D][:D]

·
Registered
86 420 sel,
162 Posts
nice man, you gonna have a lot of fun, i try to keep my vife in the dark when it comes to spending on my cars, put for some reason she have a very good nose[;)]

·
AMG Forums Moderator
SLK55 (2006) C36 (1995)
3,288 Posts
looks good! i like the colour.

·
Mercedes
9,038 Posts
Is that an airbag wheel I spot in a 1984 model? If so.. thats a very rare option for those cars back then. Looks awesome! Just do some touch-ups here and there and you'll be set!

·
Registered
1984 280SEL AMG
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, that is an airbag in the wheel. I'm the 3rd owner, and from what I understand about the car it was a custom order from the factory. I was told the car was built to the specs and shiped to the US for just over 71K. As for the color, I LOVE IT. That blue jumps out an says I'M A MERCEDES DAMN IT!!!

·
Registered
03' C320 4Matic SS
670 Posts
nice car havent seen a 280 in a long time so how much HP does it have... i love the amg kit on it the car just needs a good wash and a good wax and it'll jump right out

also just an idea add those pics to your galllery area [:)]

·
Registered
1988 300E '91 560SEL
137 Posts
We have that problem in my house too. My better half hates to hear that I am spending money on my cars. I just told him last night, I wanted the tray tables for the back seat of the 560sel. and that they were gonna run me 1,600 each. He quickly went into the spill about can't I find anything more productive to spend our money on?lol I suggested buying a new Maybac. I think now he see's the tray tables are a much better comprimise.lol

·
Registered
1984 280SEL AMG
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Actuly, I live in Langley Washington. The second owner was nice enuff to let me keep the plates, since I cat afford to regester it yet... Only got a few more days on them untill the car becomes useless to me[:(]... Since the wife HATES the car, it's been real hard to get the cash from her to put Wa plates on it... Looks like it's gonna be a lawn ornament soon[:(][:(]..

·
Registered
1988 300E '91 560SEL
137 Posts
TheRazz - 5/1/2005 8:20 PM

Actuly, I live in Langley Washington. The second owner was nice enuff to let me keep the plates, since I cat afford to regester it yet... Only got a few more days on them untill the car becomes useless to me[:(]... Since the wife HATES the car, it's been real hard to get the cash from her to put Wa plates on it... Looks like it's gonna be a lawn ornament soon[:(][:(]..
HMMM. WEll if you were her, I would say ask for the cash on the down stroke. However, sounds like she has you by the kahoonies, so guess you'll be waiting.lol I can't imagine why she would hate that car? The car is beautiful. Being that she has a kid, I would think she would apprecaite the weight and strength of the car as well. I mean they are built like tanks and hold up much better in an accident than say a new Honda Accord. Maybe you need to take home some roses?lol Good luck.

·
Registered
1988 560SEL sold:
4,717 Posts
I agree, explain to her how comparatively safe the car is (as you present her a dozen long-stem roses, which by the way may cost about the same as the registration fee). The 280SEL AMG seems to me the safest car in the list of vehicles you note in your signature.

·
Registered
1984 280SEL AMG
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
She doesn't have me by that way, she makes the money. If I was working then things would be diffrent. House payments or regestring the car. What's more important? As to why she hates the car? It's a Mercedes... She drives a F.O.R.D. Found On Road Dead, Exploder. haha

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
How much does it cost to register in Washington? But then I guess insurance costs would have to be considered.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts