Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
SLK 280
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First let me say hello properly. HELLO[:D]. I've posted here a couple of times in the past but they have been more along the lines of questions really before I commited to actually getting myself an SLK. 280 btw.

Whats changed?, well, the choice is made, the options are chosen, the order is placed, the build is the first week of July and all being well it should be here for 1st August (doubtfull) but deffo for 1st September.

I've already got a couple of mods lined up too.

Regards.

Portzy
(Dave)

EDIT:- Has anyone actually seen a 280 in the flesh?. I ask this because I am interested to know if it gets the same brake discs and calipers as the 350, i.e. cross drilled / ventilated discs and MB branded calipers.

·
Registered
SLK 230 & SLK350 and Jaguar XF PL
568 Posts
Hello mate, dave is the 1st aug the start of winter in yorkshire, I used to go to meetings in Harrogate, I went once in august and froze. Did you order the airhat aircoat and airsocks to go with the airscarf? Not long now. Start buying the new sponge/polish etc.

gary

·
Registered
SLK 55 AMG
3,560 Posts
I saw the 280 at the Geneva car show. When you pop the engine hood, it looks just like under the 350.

Can't really remember any other details...

·
Registered
SLK 280
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
homealone - 5/10/2005 10:44 AM

Hello mate, dave is the 1st aug the start of winter in yorkshire, I used to go to meetings in Harrogate, I went once in august and froze. Did you order the airhat aircoat and airsocks to go with the airscarf? Not long now. Start buying the new sponge/polish etc.

gary
Winter aint even finished up here in Yorkshire yet so who knows when the Summer will arrive? (it snowed on Sunday last would you believe!).

My missus thinks I'm a 'Airhead' for getting it in the first place but I guess she will soon change her mind when she dons the Audrey Hepburn looky likey headscarf (either that or I'll just have to change her!).

Yes, new chammy and some McGuires Tec Mec Wax stuff bought on Saturday, spooky?, were you in Bradford over the weekend?

Dave.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts