Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
SLK55 //AMG
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drove back to work from lunch today and the ambient temperature as I cruised on 208N was 66F.
Thats right folks! 66F.
Not a typo - 66F

Top down, windows down, music UP.
[:D][:D]

·
Registered
20 Posts
It's a beautiful 70F here in Virginia [:D] Definitely top-down motoring weather [8D]

·
Registered
2007 ML320 CDI - Silver/Ash
355 Posts
I am stuck at work, so everyone that can should get out and enjoy this weather "treat".

Doesn't sound like it will last long for us, and we will be back to colder temps this weekend - which is when I would have been able to get the SLK out for some fun. [:(]

Spring/Summer can't get here soon enough for us in the Mid-Atlantic/North East area.

·
Registered
2005 SLK350 2011 GLK3504X 2006 ML350(selling when GLK arrives)
1,940 Posts
I've been told not to rub it in about our weather here, so I'll just enjoy it...[:D][8D][:D][8D][:D]

·
Registered
SLK 350
2,327 Posts
Me too. I don't ever remember enjoying a 65 F day as much as yesterday. I now have 738 miles on my car. I'm starting to push it a bit but I'll wait for the 1000 mile mark before seeing what it will do.

·
Registered
350 SLK
1,528 Posts
Motzkoman - 3/7/2005 12:05 PM

I've been told not to rub it in about our weather here, so I'll just enjoy it...[:D][8D][:D][8D][:D]
Then I'll rub it in for both of us! 70s today and tomorrow and 80 by Thursday.

AND DRY!!!![8D][8D][8D]

·
Registered
SLK350
693 Posts
Yeah, well its top down weather here too, and no rain either

Translation: people are walking around with coats, scarves and umbrellas but so long as it aint raining I can and have dropped the top

·
Registered
SLK 350
2,327 Posts
Joyfullheart, Congratulations on finally getting your car. Did you order the air scarf? Spring is just around the corner for both of us.

·
Registered
SLK 350
155 Posts
ME TOO!
ME TOO!

Out here in Western PA I have had a few nice days with the top down too and mandatory option, airscarf, kickin'!

·
Registered
SLK 350 MT
148 Posts
Leaving work is great everyday, but 64 degrees, sunny and top-down made me wish I lived more than 8 miles from 'the joint". Only problem was avoiding spray from rapidly melting runoff being shot from passing SUV's. Spring cannot come too quickly.

·
Registered
2007 ML320 CDI - Silver/Ash
355 Posts
dsballdo - 3/7/2005 10:59 PM

Leaving work is great everyday, but 64 degrees, sunny and top-down made me wish I lived more than 8 miles from 'the joint". Only problem was avoiding spray from rapidly melting runoff being shot from passing SUV's. Spring cannot come too quickly.
I agree with you. That, along with the salt, is one reason why my new SLK has been sitting in my garage - under the car cover for the past 2 weeks.
I don't mind driving it when it rains, but the salt is still around I am not putting on the road until that's gone.
Luckily, the SLK is not my only car so I can baby it during the winter.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
joyfulheart - 3/7/2005 11:42 PM

yeah, got the airscarf, heated seats and wind deflector, so if its dry why have a roof??
How about a top down Avatar?[:0]

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Yes, it was warm and I had alittle driving back from morning jury duty...couldn't resist stopping at the water temple in Sunol for a photo-op...too bad it was still a little hazy and the sun was in the wrong place for the pic...here it is anyway...[8D]

Attachments

·
Registered
slk350, iridium silver, ash interior,sport, light, sound, airscarf, wood interior,COMAND package
88 Posts
Motzkoman,

Alright, I've got to give it to you. You have nicer weather and even nicer scenery to go with it. No wonder my brother flies there 3 times a month. BTW, your a/v show of your car along with the musice was great[:)]

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
arlmed - 3/8/2005 2:57 PM

Motzkoman,

Alright, I've got to give it to you. You have nicer weather and even nicer scenery to go with it. No wonder my brother flies there 3 times a month. BTW, your a/v show of your car along with the musice was great[:)]
Chris:

Don't know if you got to see all 5 little movies; if not they are here:

http://home.comcast.net/~motzko/Steves_SLK_Page.html

...[:D][8D][:D][8D][:D]

·
Registered
C5Z, 911 & F355
104 Posts
malibuite - 3/7/2005 3:54 PM

Motzkoman - 3/7/2005 12:05 PM

Then I'll rub it in for both of us! 70s today and tomorrow and 80 by Thursday.

AND DRY!!!![8D][8D][8D]
DITTO !!! [:D]

·
Registered
2005 slk 350
468 Posts
In the time it took for this thread to run it's course, the 69 degree temperatures Silver Lana celebrated here in the northeast US have turned into 18 degrees, windy, icy and snowy. Man, what a difference a day makes! It's hard to believe I was driving around most of the day yesterday with the top down, no airscarf and no seat heaters! Damn, where the hell is spring?
Anyway, a funny thing happened yesterday. I went to a tag agency(for licenses,registrations,etc.) and the little lot was pretty full. Petrified of a ding I parked across the street at an audio store. I was doing my business and I peeked out and saw some guy walking around my car. He stopped at the back and I thought "Christ, he's taking my plate number!". I was sure he was going to call the cops or something(the parking was supposed to be for that store only). I nervously paced while I was waiting for my stuff to be processed and I look out and see THREE guys around my car. I went into panic mode and walked out the front door and yelled "Do you need me to move it. I didn't know I couldn't park there!" One of the guys looked over and said "It's O.K. We were just checking out your car. That is one nice ride!" I responded "I THINK SO TOO!"

·
Registered
SLK55 //AMG
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sigh... it was 10F overnight here in North NJ..
I wonder who forgot to send the memo to Spring???

1 - 20 of 24 Posts