Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
slk55amg
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found Euro Comand for SLK on eBay. Seller's saying it can play DVD video while driving and can show TV. [:0]
Price.... $2,999 [B)]

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7935659656&category=38653&sspagename=WD1V

·
Registered
06 SLK 55 Firemist
1,580 Posts
For $3000 it must have auto pilot too.[:0]

·
Registered
W203 modified
2,032 Posts
RE: Finally ?

zxxn - 1/27/2005 9:42 PM

I found Euro Comand for SLK on eBay. Seller's saying it can play DVD video while driving and can show TV. [:0]
Price.... $2,999 [B)]
When you say "finally" do you mean that Steve (MBenzNL) wasnt selling them ?

·
Registered
'05 SLK 350
136 Posts
Steve (MBenzNL) is the way to go. I think he's doing the swap (installing Euro Comand with DVD and taking you US Comand) for about $1,500 including installation and programming. He's a pro and knows pretty much everything about retrofiting stuff.
Cheers!

Angel

·
Registered
SLK55 //AMG
1,212 Posts
amiras - 1/28/2005 9:22 AM

Steve (MBenzNL) is the way to go. I think he's doing the swap (installing Euro Comand with DVD and taking you US Comand) for about $1,500 including installation and programming. He's a pro and knows pretty much everything about retrofiting stuff.
Cheers!

Angel
To me, $1500 is still too much to pay for a swap since it is just a software change in my opinion.
I could be wrong but thats my hunch at the moment.

·
Registered
2005 SLK 55 AMG
372 Posts
SIlver_Lana - 1/28/2005 9:41 AM

Cheers!

Angel
To me, $1500 is still too much to pay for a swap since it is just a software change in my opinion.
I agree. 200 bux is about right. I don't need to watch DVDs that badly (1,500).

·
Registered
'06 BMW 6.30 Coupe
119 Posts
zxxn - 1/29/2005 4:42 PM

Price.... $2,999 [B)]

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7935659656&category=38653&sspagename=WD1V
I don't have navigation on my SLK, if I fit this one will it work healthy, do you have an idea?

·
Registered
SLK55 //AMG
1,212 Posts
If you do not have Navigation, this will be a good unit for you. You should know that you need other parts to make it work but this is the main unit you would need for navigation.

·
Registered
'06 BMW 6.30 Coupe
119 Posts
SIlver_Lana - 1/30/2005 6:42 AM

If you do not have Navigation, this will be a good unit for you. You should know that you need other parts to make it work but this is the main unit you would need for navigation.
do you know what are these parts? I didn't order my SLK with NAV because there's not NAV system in Turkey, but we will begin to use NAV in 2 months. And I now regret not to order NAV, I'm happy to see this product, but I'm worrying about it will work good or not.

·
Registered
'05 SLK 350
136 Posts
SIlver_Lana - 1/28/2005 10:41 AM
Yeah... is too much... but it is the only option for now. I hope someday someone would find/figure the software update needed .... [:eek:)]

·
Registered
SLK55 //AMG
1,212 Posts
You will need the trim parts that fill that space since you probably have the Audio10 head-unit. Also, you will need a cooperative MB dealer to program the unit so that Navigation instructions show up in the dashboard display.

Good luck

·
Registered
'06 BMW 6.30 Coupe
119 Posts
My car's command system is like that..I don't know what it's name is :) Can this navigation system be fully compatible to my car? can it work without any problem?

Attachments

·
Registered
SLK55 //AMG
1,212 Posts
I do not see any reason why it should not work. You do have to know how to remove Mercedes head units and other parts.
Good luck.
I also think you can contact www.mbenznl.com for more info about installing the COMAND unit for cheaper than that auction.

·
Registered
'06 BMW 6.30 Coupe
119 Posts
SIlver_Lana - 1/30/2005 10:52 AM

I do not see any reason why it should not work. You do have to know how to remove Mercedes head units and other parts.
Good luck.
I also think you can contact www.mbenznl.com for more info about installing the COMAND unit for cheaper than that auction.
thanks a lot :)

·
Registered
W203 modified
2,032 Posts
SIlver_Lana - 1/28/2005 10:41 AM

Cheers!

Angel
Considering that Steve dismantled one and showed the differences on his website then I think that hunch isnt all that Nancy Drew.

·
Registered
W203 modified
2,032 Posts
SIlver_Lana - 1/28/2005 11:42 AM

Euro COMAND does not operate in the same way as US COMAND .... would you please do some reading first.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts