Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
slk 350
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my SLK350 for nearly two months now and hadn't seen another one around town until last week when I saw two in one day. One was a black beauty with California tags. The driver zipped by in the car pool lane and then slammed on his brakes when he saw me.....just enough time for honking, waving, and thumbs up before he took off again towards Tucson. The second sighting was a sparkling white (sharp!) that was pulling out of the gas station just as I entered. Again--plenty of expressions of mutual appreciation. It's quite a fan club we have going isn't it!?

·
Registered
SLK350
71 Posts
I had the same experience driving into the city today. I saw a silver SLK in the left lane ahead of me when we were stopped at some lights. The lights changed and my lane progressed further than the left one before being stopped again. This gave the guy in the other SLK a chance to see me pull up just ahead of him. We both took long looks at each others car before smiling and moving off.

His had the lettering removed from the rear so I couldn't tell if it was a 350. I suspect from the wheels it was a 200k (it has the Aussie standard 200k wheels on it). It's nice to know that we can all own cars of varying prices and grunt (power) and still have damn good looking machines!!

·
Registered
SLK 200, Golf V GTI
269 Posts
I've seen about 10 SLK's in different places around the country, but every time I haven't been in mine, or I've been looking down on the road from a building. [:(] Yesterday I had a nice encounter- At a red light there was my SLK, a C320, and an E55 all silver, and all lined up on the front row. Must have looked like a rolling blockade or something!

·
Registered
SLK350
475 Posts
I still have not seen another SLK (except at the dealer). I don't think there are more than a few in the Milwaukee area. I would like to see more, but it is nice being so exclusive.

Roberta

·
Registered
SLK350 6MT
294 Posts
I know the local dealer here has sold a bunch of SLK350s and even a couple of SLK55s. However, I have only seen one on the street. I was at a gas station and saw a red SLK350, much like mine but with the AMG sport pack plus some really awesome wheels. It was pouring rain so I was in my Honda. The guy blasted off before I could go say hi.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts