Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
nothing major, but nonetheless it was fun. Here are a couple of shots from Big Bear Ca. 2 weeks ago. BTW, the AWD system worked great and I felt confident in the ML! By the time I make it up this summer I hope to have larger tires and the ORC lift installed for the trails[:D]

·
Registered
1999 ML 320
346 Posts
hey 99rhino...you still needed chains though didnt you? i thought chains were required by law...on some mountains etc...?

·
Registered
2020 MB GLE 450 4MATIC, 2015 BMW M4
2,117 Posts
nimit - 4/26/2005 12:51 PM

hey 99rhino...you still needed chains though didnt you? i thought chains were required by law...on some mountains etc...?
In Oregon, as long as you have the Severe Winter rated tires, and are carrying chains, chains are not required to be mounted under most conditions. In 7 years and 80k miles including ski trips and ice storms I've never felt the need for more. The state patrol in most states has the authority to require chains under severe conditions, however.

I did buy some nice Rud german chains (4) and have a W164 on the way, so if anyone is interested, they are for sale at less than 50% price (still brand new). http://www.rudchain.com/snow/grip4.htm

1 - 5 of 5 Posts