Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2012 GLK350W4, 2006 E350, 1968 250SL
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this car in December and parked it in a warehouse until last week... torture looking at it there and not taking it out because of snow and salt on the roads. I'm in Minnesota, so living vicariously through you guys in warmer climates, by reading the new posts here each day for the past three months, has kept me going.

I've been driving it to work all week... about 15 miles on the highway each way. What a cruiser. Pretty much stock except for the newer wheels installed by the previous owner. About 125,600 miles. I'll work on new wheels and eventually euro lights, for now, I'm enjoying it as is. (posted more pics on the photo thread at the top of the forum)

I'm blown away by the ride and the power, it just comes on so smooth. I'm a believer, W126 forever!

I've got a few questions for you guys now that I've been driving it a bit... will post them soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
Two '87 570SECs, one '87 560SEL
4,445 Posts
Very good looking car (but then I'm prejudiced)!!

Kinda glad to hear that the weather is becoming acceptable in your part of the country but that means the "Oven" weather is on the way into Las Vegas.

Here is the FrankenBenz about five years ago (look familiar?).

Attachments

·
Registered
1983 300SD,2002 ML500,(MBCA Member)
961 Posts
I bought this car in December and parked it in a warehouse until last week... torture looking at it there and not taking it out because of snow and salt on the roads. I'm in Minnesota, so living vicariously through you guys in warmer climates, by reading the new posts here each day for the past three months, has kept me going.

I've been driving it to work all week... about 15 miles on the highway each way. What a cruiser. Pretty much stock except for the newer wheels installed by the previous owner. About 125,600 miles. I'll work on new wheels and eventually euro lights, for now, I'm enjoying it as is. (posted more pics on the photo thread at the top of the forum)

I'm blown away by the ride and the power, it just comes on so smooth. I'm a believer, W126 forever!

I've got a few questions for you guys now that I've been driving it a bit... will post them soon.
Hey,
That's a very sweet ride!
Good Luck with your car.

·
Premium Member
2012 CL550 4MATIC Coupe
9,985 Posts
Beautiful Car! Good Score. Ask Away when ready...

·
Registered
1986 300se
16 Posts

Great to read your post mate. What a bargain!

Once you drive one you are hooked.

My only regret is that I bought a 300, great car as it is. I can only imagine what it would feel like to step on the accelerator of a 560. Like taking off on an airplane for the first time maybe.

Nice post.

·
Registered
1998 S500 W140
50 Posts

Great to read your post mate. What a bargain!

Once you drive one you are hooked.

My only regret is that I bought a 300, great car as it is. I can only imagine what it would feel like to step on the accelerator of a 560. Like taking off on an airplane for the first time maybe.

Nice post.
And you thought you had it bad, i have the 2.8 :eek::crybaby2:

Can always find a 5.6 later though when i get the rust sorted ...

Nice sec btw ! :bowdown:

·
Registered
1983-2007 MB's
8,020 Posts
Funny, cuz the 2.8 is highly regarded in the 107, especially w/ a 5 speed. I guess the weight of the w126 can be a bit much for the venerable six-banger.

And you thought you had it bad, i have the 2.8 :eek::crybaby2:

Can always find a 5.6 later though when i get the rust sorted ...

Nice sec btw ! :bowdown:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts