Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1981 Mercedes Benz 380SL ; '99 Saab convertible; '95 Ford Bronco; '88 Range Rover Classic...
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been waiting for this day to come. I can't believe how excited I am! Just got my 380 sl out of storage. Started right up & off I went. Checked tire pressure & fluids, replaced right sun visor with OEM NOS one & replaced cracked tail light lens. Put the top down & took it for a little ride. God this car runs great, so tight & true. I'm planning a four hour trip with it tomorrow. I must say, all is right with the world...

Jim

PS. I can't stop going outside & looking at her...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1973 450SL 2004 E320 4Matic Wagon 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee
3,200 Posts
First great wash

Nothing like great weather. I did my first hand wash of the year on both Mercedes! Had to go to those wand things over the winter. Ain't nuttin' like sunshine to get us all going again. Tomorrow is drive time....with the top down. Amazing how much better my attitude is.

·
Registered
'72 350 SL
375 Posts
Nice on Jim - I have the exact same Panama hat...

Never used it in the car - does it stay on your head when you're driving??!

Bundt alloys rule BTW!

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Best day.

treasurehuntjs said:
I have been waiting for this day to come. I can't believe how excited I am! Just got my 380 sl out of storage. Started right up & off I went. Checked tire pressure & fluids, replaced right sun visor with OEM NOS one & replaced cracked tail light lens. Put the top down & took it for a little ride. God this car runs great, so tight & true. I'm planning a four hour trip with it tomorrow. I must say, all is right with the world...

Jim

PS. I can't stop going outside & looking at her...
Good jobs.
The feeling of a job well done is almost indescribeable. And very satisfying,
and it lasts until the next time you have to check your changes.:thumbsup:
Change is constant.
Have fun when you should, take care all the time.

·
Registered
1981 Mercedes Benz 380SL ; '99 Saab convertible; '95 Ford Bronco; '88 Range Rover Classic...
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ConorD said:
Nice on Jim - I have the exact same Panama hat...

Never used it in the car - does it stay on your head when you're driving??!

Bundt alloys rule BTW!
Yes it does stay on, but you do have to watch out for those cross winds. It's actually my "going to the track hat". I live close to Saratoga racetrack & It's suppose to be my lucky hat. Yea right, tell that to the hat.
The hat serves two purposes, I'm balding & I pretending that I'm still young. Also, I had Melanoma. So, needless to say, I do not leave any skin exposed to the sun except arms(short sleeves) & legs(shorts). Gave up the boat because of it. Not much fun on the water when you can't fully enjoy the sun. Could not give up the convertible though. Sometimes it's not the quanity of life but the quality.
I'd have nothing but the Bundt's! I have to keep my car original...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BenzToy said:
Except for the dust.
That is another 'cow' {can of worms}. You bet.
Speaking of dust, I just ordered a pair of those clean wheel disc's. I know it has been discussed before but any opions? I'm getting tired of cleaning the wheels at least once a week! I hear your brakes can over heat, but I do not drive the car hard.
Also picked up a new muffler & other various smalls from Preformace Products.

http://www.performanceproducts4benz.com/

If you had not used them before, very helpful & a pleasure to do business with. I did pick up some Forever Black bumper cleaner also. I know some people who have used it & loved it. Anyone here try it? Any comments about it? I'm always cautious & don't want to do something that could cause some sort of a problem.

·
Outstanding Contributor , Bob's Your Uncle!
-----'83 280 SL----- 5 speed....The PIG
29,684 Posts
treasurehuntjs said:
Speaking of dust, I just ordered a pair of those clean wheel disc's. it?
Another debate brewing....
I use the Kleen Wheels to keep the dust down. They work great.
I do not drive in stop and go heavy traffic nor do I live in a mountainous area. And I don't always drive like Mike Martin. No problem.

·
Forum Administrator , RC Colas® & Moon Pies®
1981 380SL 151K: 2005 S500 116K
39,257 Posts
Maybe he means Toby Stewart.

·
29,684 Posts
isthisdave said:
??..???.??...... Who?
In a quest to feel included with you Americans I tried to invoke a name y'all would recognize. Unfortunately, I screwed it up. I should have said MARK MARTIN.

I went to high school with Mike Martin. Come to think of it, he did drive like a maniac.

·
Premium Member
22,841 Posts
nobby said:
In a quest to feel included with you Americans I tried to invoke a name y'all would recognize. Unfortunately, I screwed it up. I should have said MARK MARTIN.

I went to high school with Mike Martin. Come to think of it, he did drive like a maniac.
Hell, at least you don't drive like Paul Tracy.........do ya?

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
nobby said:

You are always welcome in the US. Don't forget your passport.

·
Forum Administrator , RC Colas® & Moon Pies®
1981 380SL 151K: 2005 S500 116K
39,257 Posts
BenzToy said:
You are always welcome in the US. Don't forget your passport.
...and a trunkful of cheap prescription medicines.

·
29,684 Posts
Digmenow said:
...and a trunkful of cheap prescription medicines.
The only thing you Americans need prescribed is Canadian beer.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts