Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, gang! After back surgery May, 22, lots of pin and an infection, I FINALLY got home yesterday. Unfortunately, all the complications took 4 hosp visits and 4 different rehab visits and I lost my summer of driving and working on The Red Car. I'm hoping to get it out for a run--if somebody puts the battery in for me. Doc says no lifting over 10 lbs. For you guys (and gals) in the Great White North that's 4.53592kg.
Hope to be chatting (?) with y'all soon!

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Doc says no lifting over 10 lbs. For you guys (and gals) in the Great White North that's 4.53592kg.
Bummer, that means you'll need a helping hand to do a simple task like doing a number 1 every morning?
;-)

·
Registered
349 Posts
LOL! rcmonte3, I hope you're not also under a no ROFL order. Welcome back! It sounds like you had quite an ordeal with your surgery. Hope all continues going well for you. There should still be some quality driving left for you.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Welcome back rcmonte3, glad to hear you're recovering well! Take care of yourself and good you reached out for help, I'm sure one of local fellow members will be available to help.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Best wishes for a quick recovery!

·
Outstanding Contributor , Bob's Your Uncle!
29,063 Posts
Hi, gang! After back surgery May, 22, lots of pin and an infection, I FINALLY got home yesterday. Unfortunately, all the complications took 4 hosp visits and 4 different rehab visits and I lost my summer of driving and working on The Red Car. I'm hoping to get it out for a run--if somebody puts the battery in for me. Doc says no lifting over 10 lbs. For you guys (and gals) in the Great White North that's 4.53592kg.
Hope to be chatting (?) with y'all soon!
For the life of me I couldn't remember who asked for help earlier this year. I was going to take a road trip out to see Rockcrusher and then stop by your place.
Looks like it took you longer than expected....and I used all my vacation in Montreal with TopNob in the hospital.
I hope you rebound well. Good luck.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No problem, nobby. As we get older there are 3 things that go. The first is the memory.....and I can;t remember the other 2.
Yeah, it took a lot longer than expected--complications...
Thanks for the good wishes. I hope TopNob (your Dad?) is OK.

·
29,063 Posts
No problem, nobby. As we get older there are 3 things that go. The first is the memory.....and I can;t remember the other 2.
Yeah, it took a lot longer than expected--complications...
Thanks for the good wishes. I hope TopNob (your Dad?) is OK.
TopNob (dad) is climbing uphill after we thought we'd lose him.
Tomorrow a botox injection into his esophagus and we'll see if he can eat again or need the Petesmga feeding procedure.

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
Welcome back to the bad back club mate. I haven't been able to lift a battery for some years now and now we both know how that really sucks.:mad:

Seats- No
Wheels -no
hard top no
and so on.........

However we can still drive and we're still on the right side of the grass!

Hanky panky is bottom only!😎

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
TopNob (dad) is climbing uphill after we thought we'd lose him.
Tomorrow a botox injection into his esophagus and we'll see if he can eat again or need the Petesmga feeding procedure.
I didn't know Petesmga--my loss. Is the Petsmga feeding procedure something like stuffing your face and hoping you can swallow, or is it something like drinking your breakfast?

·
29,063 Posts
I didn't know Petesmga--my loss. Is the Petsmga feeding procedure something like stuffing your face and hoping you can swallow, or is it something like drinking your breakfast?
Feeding tube permanently installed in the stomach. Basically you just squeeze your liquid nutrition in 3 times a day.
Sure would free up some time. Takes my Dad 90 minutes to prep and eat breakfast. LOL. This would take him 5 minutes tops.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Sorry to hear about your father, nobby. Hopefully the botox injection will work, and he can avoid petsmga, and be able to eat more quickly.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
9 Participants
rcrmonte3
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing