Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Vanquish S
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you noticed that the new Nano paint really works? While they claim the new clearcoat is suppose to have more luster and I feel it does, this is somewhat subjective.

What is not subjective is the fact that it is suppose to be harder and prevent paint chips in the front of the car. I have had this problem in the past but so far the new Nano paint on my car seems to be holding up much better and there are absolutely no chips on the front of the car.

Congratulations to Mercedes Benz as I think they finally did something right. An improvement in quality, amazing.

Now all they need to do is put this clearcoat on the wheels as they do have some rock chips.

Anyone having the same experiences with the front of their car and the wheels?

·
Registered
327 Posts
[:D] My SL 55 has the new paint as well as my CL. The SL is too new to tell but the CL has held up vey well. However there is a down side to everything, When you do get swirls or minor scratches they are a real bitch to remove. The only thing out there today are the Menzerna polishes made for the ceramiclear paint and they must be used with a machine or you are wasting your time otherwise.
I know, I could take them to a professional detailer and save the trouble but after retsoring and showing cars for many years I know that I will do a more thorough job myself.[}:)]

Lou K

·
Registered
2004 SL500 2002 SLK320
1,672 Posts
I can see an improvement in the shine, but the new paint does not hold up real well to rock chips.

I have become an expert in touchup paint and wet sanding.

I read a lot of articles stating that the clear coat and paint is softer to meet EU environmental requirements.

·
Registered
2007 S550 Sport
911 Posts
OY The front of my car looks awful :( it looks like a polka dotted design now. its so sad. i baby my car and hate the rock chips :(

The only thing i could do is repaint it all but thats a fortune and it would NEVER look the same, and it would become chiped again.

brad

·
Registered
443 Posts
Chucky300 - 3/27/2005 4:42 PM

OY The front of my car looks awful :( it looks like a polka dotted design now. its so sad. i baby my car and hate the rock chips :(

The only thing i could do is repaint it all but thats a fortune and it would NEVER look the same, and it would become chiped again.

brad
any kind of repaint devalues your car, even if it looks better

·
Registered
2006 Vanquish S
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wonder why my car is doing better in the front? Maybe I just haven't given it enough time.

I can't believe on one trip to Carmel how all four wheels got rock chips. [:(]

·
Registered
443 Posts
LovinSL600 - 3/27/2005 8:23 PM

Wonder why my car is doing better in the front? Maybe I just haven't given it enough time.

I can't believe on one trip to Carmel how all four wheels got rock chips. [:(]
hey i thought i read somewhere you were going to upgrade your wheels anyways. maybe the SL65 wheels [;)]

·
Registered
2007 S550 Sport
911 Posts
i was gonna upgrade my wheels to the SL65 wheels till i found out they were like $1300 per wheel :) my parents would never let! Im lucky to have been given the ones i have now!

·
Registered
A200 Turbo-C230K-S320 CDI-SL55-C63AMG
346 Posts
I posted an article about this on the Detailing section. The difference between the old paint and the new nano paint is amazing. It's a lot easier to clean and holds up really well.

·
Registered
2006 Vanquish S
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
siuteemteem - 3/28/2005 10:59 PM

Hi....I am just wondering how much does it cost you to get this New nano paint done on you sl600??
As far as I know it only comes from the factory that way. If you want to know if you have the new paint look on the door post where the manufacturer label is and if there is a "C" before your color code then you have the new nano paint.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thank you for this info....and also feel happy that you actually fall in love with your car cos I have been ghosting around in this forum for very long time and read alot of your posts. And guess what tomorrow is also my lucky day cos my car is finally here and I just visit it yesterday and just by sitting at the car make me breathtaking and the interior is super nice. I have never seem them before cos in Vancouver there is not many. However, my sister doesn't like it cos it is not amg and I thought how stupid is that..haha. I think many poeple just doésn't know the true beauty of this car. Anywaygood luck with your car and I will post up some of my pics just to share my happyness.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts